Class of 2024 Shares Thoughts on Senior Year

Seniors Feelings on their Last Year at Morgan
Molly Vitola
First Day of School

On August 29th, 2023, the class of 2024 experienced their last first day of high school. Seniors at Morgan are beginning to experience the bittersweet months leading up to graduation. Lots of pressure comes with applying to college, and making plans for life after graduation.

Seniors Take on the DogPound
Seniors take on the DogPound (Riley Schmidt)

Senior class president Sean Davis said, “I just want to experience everything, and make the most of it. I’m trying to be as involved as possible and go to everything I can to make the best experience. It’s one final goodbye to the people I’ve been going to school with for the past thirteen years.” Emely Andino said, “It’s crazy seeing we are the oldest ones in the school, and I’m excited about the spring when we get to do all our fun activities like senior trip and senior prank”. 

Some are also happy with the small amount of work they have received in the past couple weeks. Anastasia Luke said, “I think senior year is really easy since I got all my hard classes over with in the first three years. Now school is fun”. Similarly, Lily Tanner said she finds the workload so far this year a lot lighter than previous years. Commenting on the sadness that comes with senior year, Maeve Madura said, “I love senior year, but I am sad I have to leave my friends at the end of the year. I am going to miss them so much, but I’m glad we are doing this together”.

Lots of students are also eager to get the year started. Riley Schmidt said, “I’m sad to leave, but I’m also

Sara Morrissey, Julia White, and Victoria O’Neill (Riley Schmidt)

so excited about my new and upcoming chapters in life.” Similarly, Gavin Gersz said, “I’m ready to get into the groove of things, to get past the college application, and finish up senior year.” Gabbie Franco, who is graduating a semester early in January, said, “I’m really excited that I’m almost done with school, but at the same time, I’m upset because I took high school for granted”

The class of 2024 will graduate from Morgan on June 10, 2024. For many, the year seems to be flying by already. On November 10th, the Morgan pep rally will recognize the class of 2024 with a senior entrance. Senior prom will take place on May 17, 2024, and the awards ceremony will be May 29th. Shortly after, the class will enjoy their senior trip, senior skip day, and project graduation before moving on from Morgan.