Track & Field Meet at Westbrook 4/23

6 First Place Finishes
Gabi Navarra
Captain Robby Estabrook throwing Javelin

On April 23, the Morgan Track & Field team visited Westbrook for a league meet. The teams at this meet included Westbrook, Old Saybrook, and Morgan. It started around 3:30. The track team has had a great season thus far, with the addition of a new school record. Junior Michael Fusco broke the school record for boys 100 meter at the first home meet of the year on April 16th. The previous record was set in 2019 by, at the time, Sophomore Bryce Thomas with 11.37 seconds. The new record set by Fusco is 11.18 seconds. Not too far behind is freshmen Colton Landino at 11.55 seconds.

At the previous meet, Wildcat Relays at Old Lyme, the team did very well, and came home with multiple medals. Below are the results.
Girls:
2 Mile relay – 1st Place
DMR – 3rd place
Throwers 4×100 – 2nd place

Boys:
DMR – 3rd place
Throwers 4×100 – 1st place

Below are the results from our top scoring athletes and some pictures:
Freshman Addy Reed received 1st place for both the mile and 2 mile.
Senior AJ Luke received 1st place for 300M Hurdles.
Senior Captain Robby Estabrook received 1st Place in Javelin
Fusco received 1st place for both the 100M and 200M.

Come support us at our next meet, Ellington Relays on Saturday, April 27th at Ellington High School and here’s the schedule for the remainder of the season.