New Girls Outdoor Track and Field Coach: Courtney Carroll

Morgan Track Alum Courtney Carroll Returns to Morgan to Coach the Girls Outdoor Track Team
Court Carroll in the second leg of the 4×8, 2014.

After the departure of last year’s girls’ outdoor track and field coach Alexandria Holmes, Courtney Carroll will become the new girls coach. Coach Carroll attended Morgan and is an alumnus of the class of 2016. Coach Carroll ran indoor and outdoor track, and participated all of her four years at Morgan. She was also a two-year caption. She specialized in the 400 and 800-meter race, and also participated in the 4×800 and 4×400 meter relay races. Coach Carroll currently holds the 800-meter Morgan school record for girls outdoor track. Coach Carroll enjoyed her time on the Morgan track team. She said, “Morgan track holds some of my greatest memories from high school. There was such a sense of team and community, even with the majority of the events being individually based. Running is something I am personally so passionate about, and a lot of that passion stems from having such great coaches at Morgan and my experience on the track team”.

After Morgan, she attended college at James Madison University in Virginia. Coach Carroll always had an interest in coaching. She said “I enjoy supporting friends and family with their running or athletic endeavors, and when the opportunity came about to coach the Morgan girls team, I was super excited.” Coach Carroll mentioned that she not only likes to coach but is passionate about running herself. She said that she is currently training for her second marathon, which she will run on April 13th.

She shared her coaching goals at Morgan. Coach Carroll said, “This season, I hope to bring a lot of energy to the team. It’s my goal to really understand each athlete and their goals and how I can help them meet those.” In addition, she said, “With that being said, track is as much a team sport as it is an individual sport in my eyes. I hope to further instill the importance of being there for our teammates, pushing one another and encouraging each other.” Coach Carroll also said, “I hope to see our athletes competing at their highest levels and getting spots in the Shoreline and state competitions!”.

The Morgan track team is very excited to welcome such a passionate and determined coach to our program. The track season will begin on March 18th, and the first meet will be on April 6th at East Hampton High School.

Addy Reed
Addy Reed, Writer/Sports Manager
Hi! My name is Addy Reed. I am a sophomore, and this is my first year working on The Morgan PawPrint. I am involved in girls soccer, basketball, and outdoor track here at Morgan. I am also involved in Student Government and Interact. I am excited to keep the community updated on important events at Morgan, and to produce content that people will enjoy. I hope to cover stories regarding sports, take pictures of events, and make enjoyable videos. 

• C

CarrollMar 15, 2024 at 9:10 am

So proud of Courtney and her coaching endevors.
    ❤️Grammy