Morgan 2024 Cupcake Wars

Culinary Students Go Head-to-Head For the Win

Both Culinary II and Advanced Culinary and Baking students received the chance to participate in the annual Morgan Cupcake Wars this Friday. The two classes combined and split into four groups of three. The participants had four classes to perfect and assemble the perfect recipe and design for their cupcakes. 

Requirements included a design theme and plan, cupcake/filling/icing recipe, practice at home, and final creations prepared for the judges. The groups assembled and created grocery orders and templates for their ideas. The four classes given to them were designated for different parts of the cupcake. For example, one class was dedicated to baking and another to icing. 

The Judges for the Morgan competition included Mr. Milsette, Mrs. Aleman, Mrs. Walston, Mr. Marinaro, and Mr. Walling. The judging was based on taste, including texture, flavor, moistness, Creativity including difficulty, color, design, presentation, and neatness. And finally, Timing, Safety, and Sanitation of counters and dishwashing. 

The winners of the Morgan competition will advance to the regional competition hosted by Morgan on May 3rd. They will be competing against Haddam-Killingworth High School, Bacon Academy, Montville High School, and Westbrook High School. The Winners for this year’s Morgan Cupcake Wars were Madelyn Sacta and Evelyn Quezada. They will now advance to the regional cupcake wars competition on May 3rd.