Dive Into Senior Assassins

Rules, Organizer, New App Announced
Mike Savage

Senior Assassins is a game played by many high school senior classes. It involves forming teams to be eliminated by being sprayed with a water gun (see rules below). This year, senior Maggie West “stepped up” to run the game.

The game will be run through an app called Splashin. Maggie explained that the app will make the process easier. It will allow participants to receive announcements and target assignments. The target assignments will also be randomized by the app.

The game is played with teams of two and each team is required to pay $30 to enter. Payment and teams are due April 30. May 1 is the start date of the game. The money is pooled, which is then awarded to the last team standing. Assassins will run through May into June.

Each round begins at 10 days long. Maggie defined a round as “a time span in which you have to get your target assignment out and if you don’t, you’re disqualified.” There are 2 other ways to become disqualified: breaking rules and getting sprayed with water. Only one partner has to “survive” a round for the team to move on. Only after a new round starts can the eliminated team member come back.

Many seniors are excited for the game to begin. “I’m excited to see who I’m paired up against and planning strategically about getting people out,” said senior Leah Scoppa. Senior Ainsley Corgan added to the excitement, sharing that she has been planning her partnership with senior Maeve Madura since they were sophomores.

Rules (Via @morganassassins24)

• Teams must pay $30 to play. You must play in teams of two. No solo assassins allowed!!
  • You can only get someone out by you or your partner spraying the assigned target.
    • Water Guns are the only acceptable weapon
  •  A “hit” is counted when your target is sprayed
    • ANY amount VISIBLE water counts
    • A video/picture of the target being assassinated jmust be DMed to the instagram account (@morganassassins24)
    • If there are any discrepancies, both partiesand any witnessed NEED to DM the insta to resolve the problem
  • NO SPECTATOR AREAS for games
  • PRACTICES: you are safe when you are officially at practice. This means once practice time starts, you are there
    • Even if practice time ends and someone is still at practice (ex. cleaning up, getting gear) they are safe
    • Turf: once you pass the metal gate at the turf entrance, you are OFFICIALLY at practice
    • Baseball: Once you are past the dug out gate, you are on the field, even if you’re way in the outfield
    • Track: Once you pass the official track gate at Joel or gate on trail from Morgan
    • Away and home games are NOT allowed
  • SPORT BUSES: once you enter the Morgan parking lot, you are no longer safe. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO GET SHOT WHEN THEY ARE STILL UNDER COACHES WATCH. Meaning, when getting off the bus, you must wait until they’re in the parking lot.
  • No going inside the target’s houses unless given permission by resident or owner of property.
  • YOU CAN’T BREAK THE LAW AT ANY POINT
    • No speeding, vandalism, trespassing, or theft!
    • Breaking the law and getting caught
  • You can not eliminate someone while they are working
    • When target is entering or leaving work, they can be eliminated
  • No eliminating target in public establishments
    • This includes restaurants, gyms, stores, etc. You must wait until they are out of the establishment to attempt a hit
  • No permanent damage to clothes
    • Ex. food coloring or bleach in water
  • No harm to anybody’s life during the game
    • You can NOT shoot someone while they are actively driving. If they are parked, then they are no longer safe
  • School immunity is from 7:10-2:30
    • Walking to or from school before or after those times are allowed for hits
  • Partners cannot be switched
  • Any cheating will lead to diqualification
  • Location must remain on at all times (both Snapchat and the Splashin app)
  • If you’re targeted but are able to spray your assassin first, they are frozen and can’t kill for 24 hours
  • If your partner is eliminated, you can still play until you are out. Once both of you are out, so is the team
  • Be respectful of targets lives and those involved. Act appropriately and formally
  • Kiddie arm floaties being worn will allow immunity
    • Floaties must be blown up and be visible on both arms
    • Floaties annot be worn for more than 30 min, if word gets caught that you’ve wor it for more than the time span, you are then frozen
    • Being frozen means you can’t eliminate anyone, but can still attack
    • While under attack, you can still freeze your attacker