Senior Spotlight: Mia DiGiandomenico

Soccer, Spanish, Service
Mia playing soccer.
Mia playing soccer.
Mia’s soccer photo.

Senior Mia DiGiandomenico has a bubbly spirit that has helped her make her mark at Morgan. As she is “still figuring it out” she reflects on her experience at Morgan. 

At Morgan, she was captain of the Morgan Girls Soccer Team, Vice President of Interact Club, and starred as Gloria in the 2023 Morgan Musical: Damn Yankees. Mia said she started playing soccer when she was “4 or munchkin age.” She also said, “It was the only sport my dad really loved. I tried playing basketball and softball when I was younger, and I danced for 8 years, but they didn’t stick, only soccer.”

Mia plays for the premier soccer team, Rush. She started playing for Rush in 4th grade. She said, ”I was the first one from Clinton in my age group.” Mia said she kept playing soccer because “It is a constant in my life, and I love the communities that come with the sport. I love making new friends and feeling the family.” 

Mia was thrilled when she was named captain of the Morgan Girls Soccer Team for the 2023 season. She said, “It felt amazing. It was like my dream in life.” She also said, “I really wanted to be there for all the girls and try to make the team feel motivated and like a family. I am happy that my role allowed me to have more influence.”

Mia with her soccer team.

As her time at Morgan comes to an end, she said her favorite experience was “all of the Shoreline wins and the soccer seasons. I have had the best times with my team, and I am so fortunate to have gone through those incredible experiences with them.”

Last year, Mia took part in the Morgan Musical. She participated in the musical her freshman year called Crazy For You. This musical was filmed, and was not traditional, due to Covid. However, she was able to take her spotlight during Damn Yankees. As someone who has a big personality, she was able to excel in performing and was a great addition to the show. 

Mia with her bright green car.

Mia believes she made an impact with her positive attitude and personality. She said, “I like to be as positive towards others as possible and make many friends. I love to be outgoing and fun. I never want to be someone I am not, I always like to be authentically me no matter what.”

For the future, Mia is still trying to figure out where she wants to attend. However, she knows her major in. She said, “I plan to be an education major with a minor in Spanish so that I can either be a Spanish or MLL (multilanguage learner) teacher. I was going to do business for the money, but I want to follow my dream and make a real difference.”

Mia believes she has had a great experience at Morgan and is ready for her future.