Senior Spotlight: Ashley Reemsnyder

Pursuing Animal Science
Ashley+Reemsynder
Ashley Reemsynder
Ashley playing lacrosse

Senior Ashley Reemsnyder recently committed to her dream school UConn, University of Connecticut, in Storrs. Ashley, who played Morgan field hockey for all 4 years, was a captain this past field hockey season. She is now a captain for the Morgan lacrosse team, which she has also been on for all 4 years. She has played field hockey for 6 years where she plays offense and she has been playing lacrosse for 12 years and plays attack.

Ashley’s mother graduated from Morgan in 1988 before going to UConn to study pharmacological sciences. She is currently working as a pharmacist. Ashley said, “she has inspired me to become a smart and independent woman. I see myself as a little copy of her and will continue to follow in her footsteps by being a woman in STEM.”

Ashley holding a cat

She plans on majoring in animal science and wants to become a veterinarian after college. She currently works at Companion Animal Hospital as a vet assistant. Her co-worker at this hospital also recommended that Ashley go to UConn to pursue her dream.

Ashley said, “Morgan has always been a second home, and I love making friends and close relationships with my peers and teachers. Because I’ve lived in Clinton for all my life, I feel very connected with my community.” At Morgan, she has taken and is still taking many honors classes. She is a member of the National Honor Society and REACT club. Ashley enjoyed contributing to the Morgan Community and is excited for her future.