Morgan Grad Brian Corbin Becomes SRO

SRO Corbin at his desk in his office

Morgan needed an SRO when former SRO Spencer Mangs received a promotion to Corporal. Officer Brian Corbin gladly applied for the position. He will be the SRO until the 2023-2024 school year.

Officer Corbin has been with the Clinton PD since 2014. His interest in the position started when he was a D.A.R.E. officer in the D.A.R.E. program for fifth and seventh graders in Clinton. Officer Corbin said he enjoyed the D.A.R.E. program, but the time with the students was limited. He said, “as SRO you are with the students every day, and there is a tighter bond.” Officer Corbin realized when he was a part of the D.A.R.E. program that he enjoyed working with young adults. Without D.A.R.E, he said, “I am not sure there would be an SRO position for me.”

SRO Brian Corbin (Ryan Inglis)

Officer Corbin graduated from Morgan in 2006 and never would have thought in a million years that he would be back here at Morgan as an SRO. He played soccer for four years at Morgan and his favorite teacher was Mr. Luther. He went to Western Connecticut State University, but he is always a husky at the end of the day.

With COVID-19 still very much alive, Morgan could go to all online learning which would make it hard for Officer Corbin to engage with the students, but he will still try to work closely with the school. You can find him directing traffic in the morning and supervising the students during lunch.