Senior Spotlight: Emely Andino

Leader On and Off the Field
Headshot
Senior Emely Andino

Senior Emely Andino committed to Bryant University and is majoring in pharmaceutical sciences. She also plans to play lacrosse there. After she graduates from college, she wants to establish a job at a big company like Pfizer. She wants to find a house and settle down with her job. After she is settled down, she wants to travel around the world.

Emely Andino running down the field

Emely has played soccer and lacrosse at Morgan for 3 years. She contributes to both teams and is fully dedicated during the season. Bill Lindsay is the head lacrosse coach and the assistant soccer coach. He has been the coach of these sports for all 6 seasons with Emely and has grown a bond with her throughout the process. He said, “I have known Emely for 4 years and have had the pleasure of coaching her in her two sports. Over that time, I have seen tremendous growth in Emely as both an athlete and a person.”

Emely plays defense for the Morgan Girls Lacrosse team and had one goal against Griswold. Emely fought for all of her success during this lacrosse season. Regarding this lacrosse season, Bill said, “Emely has always been a fiery competitor, but over the last two years she has learned to channel her competitiveness to help the team and lead by example. She is the ‘captain’ of our defensive unit and leads our clears or offensive transition. Emely’s leadership is one of the reasons that we qualified for both the Shoreline and state lacrosse tournaments this season.”

Chief Editors, Emely Andino, and Sean Davis editing students article (Ari Salgar)

Emely wrote written for the Morgan Pawprint and held the position of Chief Editor for two semesters, alongside Senior Sean Davis. He said, “I’ve gotten to know Emely a lot better this year, working with her on the PawPrint. She definitely puts on an intimidating persona, but once you get to know her, she’s funny and a very hard worker. I’m grateful for our friendship and will definitely miss her next year, but I know she will do great things.”

Sean and Emely work well together to create articles and videos, such as Here’s Where Students Are Applying and Business Education: What Morgan is Doing Right. Emely’s proudest article she has written for the PawPrint is Voted Connecticut’s Best Student Section, which she worked on with Senior Molly Vitola.

Emely had 4 total classes with English Teacher Leslie Chausse and they shared a strong relationship throughout those classes. She said, “She is always a positive, very engaging student, who I will miss having in class next year. Emely has really grown as a student since I had her freshman year. She also took on the role of chief editor in Journalism this year, and I am proud of all the hard work she has put into her role and how much she embraced leadership in the classroom and in her extracurriculars.”

Emely Andino and Ari Salgar at homecoming

History teacher Christopher Zawadski said, “Emely is magical. She is one of the kindest, funniest students I have ever had. She loves to talk, sometimes a little too much. I will miss her greatly because everyday she has a smile on her face, and it’s contagious. I’ve never seen her not happy.”

Administrative Assistant of Athletics Casey Metz said, “Emely is always super positive, always smiling and a really good role model. She helps with the youth lacrosse and my niece loves her and looks up to her. We will definitely go to Dairy Queen all the time to visit her. I will miss her a lot next year.”

Mathematics Teacher Jessica Lynch was not only Emely’s teacher her freshman year, but also the assistant lacrosse coach. She said, “Emely has been really fun to both teach and coach, and it has been nice to see her grow over the past 4 years, especially as a leader on the lacrosse team. She works hard in everything that she does, and I think that her success over these past 4 years has been impressive.”

Emely has created an amazing environment on her sports teams and in the classroom. She has a bright future ahead of her.