Voted Connecticut’s Best Student Section

This is Our Dog Pound
Dog+Pound+at+Shoreline+Basketball+Finals++
Dog Pound at Shoreline Basketball Finals

The Morgan Dog Pound has always been supportive of our student-athletes. The Dog Pound brings electric energy to our sporting events, from dressing in themes to coordinating chants during games. Coaches and athletes appreciate the liveliness of the student section.

Junior Josh Nobitz and senior Ross Treubig usually lead the Dog Pound. Josh considers the student section to be a huge part of Morgan athletics. He said, “The Dog Pound is like the sixth player on the court and the twelfth player on the field.” Similarly, Ross said, “The Dog Pound is the biggest part of sporting events. It shows who we truly are and how we can come together to support our sports teams.”

Athletes also value the energy the Dog Pound brings to their games. Senior Ava Johnson who was girl’s basketball captain said, “The student section is very supportive and brings a lot of energy which motivates us to play better.” Senior Patrick O’Neil who plays boys basketball said, “The Dog Pound creates a shift in energy unlike any other team.”

Morgan’s Director of Technology Information and Varsity boy’s basketball coach Frank Rossi said, “Since moving them behind the bench, it’s like they’ve become more a part of the team. Especially after wins, it was great to turn around and high-five, fist bump, and wave to the kids. I always tried to thank them after games for being behind us. I loved having the extra hands breaking our huddles: it was a lot of fun having them there.”

Recently, the Morgan Dog Pound was recognized for their support and school spirit. The Dog Pound was voted Best Student Section in Connecticut.

The Voting

The nominees for Connecticut were the following schools:
-East Catholic
-Morgan Dog Pound
-Newtown Hawks Nest
-Notre Dame Green Machine
-Ridgefield Tigers Liar

The voting was created by the Instagram account, “Studentsectrep” which has a following of 18,400. After viewing the results, more research was needed to answer some questions. Was this a reputable source? How do schools get nominated? Through DMs, the founder of “studentsectrep” , Manny Alvarez, explained that he began the site after being a sports reporter in Orange County, California where he discovered the hype for student sections. The student sections are noticed mostly through social media, mainly Instagram, but photos of the crowds, more posts, unique themes, and chants are all taken into consideration. “studentssectrep” relies on volunteers to check out certain student sections and provide information. The volunteers expand from Maryland to Oklahoma.

Now let’s focus on our Dog Pound. “Studentsectrep” said “We noticed the Morgan Dog Pound on social media.” The morgandogpound2024 Instagram post attracted more attention to Morgan’s student section. Despite being a small school, he felt that Morgan deserved a chance to win the top spot. So Morgan voted. The Dog Pound came out on top for Connecticut.

Here is the official website to see the best student sections in the country: Student Section Report
Don’t forget to follow the Dog Pound on social media!

Instagram- morgandogpound2024
TikTok- themorgandawgpound