Morgan Girls Soccer Wins 2023 Shoreline Championship

Huskies Win Third Year in a Row
Girls Shoreline Championship 2023

On Friday, November 3, Morgan Girls Soccer beat Old Lyme in the Shoreline Conference Championship. The team worked hard towards the championship. The current record is 11 wins, one loss, and four ties. The team is currently ranked fourth in the Class S State Tournament. CT Insider has predicted the team to win the state tournament. This is the third year in a row that the girls have won the Championship.

The Huskies beat Old Lyme with a score of 5-0 with goals scored by seniors Maeve Madura and Glenda Zhiminaicela, junior Rachel Spaziano, and sophomores Sadie Passante and Ainsley Lyon. The girls were determined to win to honor their former coach, Stephen Sullivan. The championship trophy was renamed to honor Sully, who is remembered by teams all over the shoreline. Sophomore Kate Gardner said, “We were working hard all season, and we got to win it for Sully.” Junior Gabi Navarra said, “It was nice to win three years in a row despite the loss of our head coach, and we hope to continue the streak towards states and during next season.”

The girls will begin the state tournament this week, with a bye in the first round. On Wednesday, November 8th, they play Old Lyme again at the Indian River turf at 4pm.