8 Morgan Students: Rotary Club Award

Service Above Self
Alyssa+Aiken+
Alyssa Aiken

The Rotary Club Award is awarded to a Morgan student each month of the school year for leadership and service in the Clinton Community. This award’s motto is “service above self.” While there is no set criteria to receive this award, service is the main quality the Morgan faculty considers when choosing a student. To decide who should receive this award, the faculty shares their input on who deserves the award each month. After teachers share their input, the faculty makes a decision. The Rotary Club Award has been active for years, and history teacher Diana Rizzo, advisor of Interact, hopes it will stick around.

Each month, there is an informal ceremony planned by former Morgan librarian and Rotary Club member, Linda Gworek. The recipient and parents and family can attend. Teachers speak on behalf of the student. The student’s name is added to a plaque on display in the front office, and the recipient receives a Rotary Club sweatshirt. Students can include this honor on their resume. 

Students strive to help our community by supporting the food pantry, clubs, elders, and other organizations and events. 

Rotary Club Winner Plaque

Award winners for the 2023-2024 school year:

October: Abby Lyon

November: Sean Davis

December: Ainsleigh Landino

January: Shannon Slie

February: Nina Fishman

March: Jacob Jones

April: Nico Clados

May: Alyssa Aiken