Interact Shows Appreciation For Lunch Aides, Custodians

Students Make Posters and Goodie Bags
Brianna Sposa
Mia DiGiandomenico, Camryn Mazzarella, Leach Scoppa, and Riley Kuever

Our school would not be able to function without the help of our custodians and lunch aids. Members of the Interact Club, Junior Josephine Simon, and Senior Riley Schmidt inspired the club to put together bags of treats for the support staff to show our appreciation. Riley said, “Josephine and I came up with this idea as we were thinking about how we can help more people throughout our Morgan school and community. We were excited when Mrs. Rizzo was able to help our ideas come to life!” 

The Interact Club created nine bags in total, five for the custodians and four for the lunch aids. A small group of Interact members also worked to create big, colorful posters for the staff. The bags for the lunch ladies were filled with snacks, a Dunkin gift card, a Swiss Miss hot chocolate pack, a journal, and a sweet bookmark that says, “A Good Lunch Lady Can Bunch a Lunch, a Great Lunch Lady Can Change a Life, Thank You”. The custodian’s bag each had a pen, flashlight, treats, a Dunkin gift card, and a Swiss Miss hot chocolate packet as well. The lunch ladies and custodians work hard to keep The Morgan School great, even though we don’t always get the chance to tell them.  

Lunch Ladies Vivian and Alisha

The lunch aids help the students here receive a delicious lunch and breakfast every day. Alisha Cantone is the manager, and her coworkers are named Vivian Capestany, Adrienne Lennon, and Sabrina Earp. A lunch aid has good moral character and a kind personality. Being a lunch aid comes with many responsibilities.They prepare food for the students and staff at school, which comes with much preparation, work, and time.

David Mantilia was also kind enough to share a few words about the lunch ladies:“The lady’s that work in the kitchen are the most beautiful souls and should be appreciated. Have you ever not been able to get lunch? No, and that’s because of the lunch ladies.”

The custodians here at Morgan are another group of faculty that deserve recognition for their hard work.  Head custodian Thomas Smith provided information about himself and his fellow custodians.

Thomas Smith states that his 

Head Custodian Thomas Smith

favorite part about working at Morgan is keeping the school clean and safe for the staff and students. He has worked at Morgan for 3 ½ years, but before receiving his job here, he worked at Hammonasset Beach in Madison, where work projects were all outdoors.

The Morgan custodial team includes Tommy Edwards, Patty Gee, Liubomyr Kylymnyk, and Shannon Roman. The custodians keep our counters and floors clean and sanitary for people to use throughout the day. They keep the building safe to enter by shoveling snow. They unlock and open the school to let everyone in during the school week, while setting up and scheduling weekday and weekend events.

We are insanely lucky to have our custodial staff begin  work early mornings, and stay late nights, cleaning the building for us to return the next day. Students here can show appreciation and make their jobs a little easier, according to Mr.Smith, by respecting and taking pride in our school building. 

Morgan’s support staff keeps our school running successfully every day. They deserve all the help and support we can give them.