The Helping Hands From Interact

Service Above Self – Interact’s Motto

Interact Setting Up 2022 Monster Mash

The Morgan Interact Club has already started community service this early in the year. The club consists of 41 Morgan students from all grades that work together helping out local people and organizations. One of the first services the Interact club participated in was helping out with Joel’s annual Monster Mash on October 21st and 22nd. Multiple club members from all grades attended this event to aid in the set-up for the Halloween celebration. The theme this year for the Monster Mash was Dr. Seuss. The club decorated with all the different Dr. Seuss stories, like the Lorax, the Grinch, and others, and put up things like lights, posters, signs, spiderwebs and more. Students were able to work in a window from 4-11 PM on Friday and 7-9 PM on Saturday, and got to choose the number of hours they want to do within these time windows. The hours they complete count towards community service on their high school transcript, which can be great for college and employment applications.

Social Studies teacher Diana Rizzo is the faculty advisor for Interact. She said, “There are various service opportunities, like helping out with the Monster Mash, gift bags, Christmas In Clinton and others. Next month, the club will be helping out the Giving Tree. “The giving tree is for sick children in a Westbrook care facility. Each month the tree has a different theme. In November, Interact students will make turkeys for the tree. Mrs. Rizzo works closely with the Clinton Rotary to plan the service activities. Rotary member and former Morgan School librarian Linda Gworek helps coordinate service between Rotary and Morgan’s Interact club.

This year’s Interact president and vice president are Riley Kuever (president), Mia DiGiandomenico (vice president). The other officers are the secretaries, communications, and treasurer. The secretaries are Melina Tawakuli and Leah Scoppa, and the communications staff are Crisangel Afanador, Riley Schmidt, and Anadaly Lopez. The interact club treasurer is Sean Davis. The club members and officers meet every other week in her room on Thursday mornings.

“Interact is all about giving back, experiencing gratitude and having fun,” Mrs. Rizzo.