Into the Future Night: February 7th at 6

Planning Event for Junior Class
Molly Vitola
Into the Future Announcement

On February 7th, 2024, Morgan is hosting Into the Future, an event planned to help the junior class prepare for life after high school. The event will run from 6 p.m. to approximately 8:15 p.m. If you are planning to attend, please use this link to RSVP.

School Counselor Moheba Sayed said, “I think it’s important to have this event so we can provide access to experts in their fields and help students explore options. We don’t think there is one path everyone has to take, and we want them to explore their options.”
It will consist of an admissions panel from 6-7, and two breakout sessions, thirty minutes each. The event will cover various paths students can take after graduating. The panel will talk to students about planning for college, and include information on the NCAA process for students considering playing sports after high school.
The admissions panel will start the night in the auditorium. The presenters are Daniel Teague, from UConn, Caitlyn Rubino from Salve Regina University, Israel Kabemba from Middlesex Community College, and Robert Wargo from Lincoln Technical Institute.
The breakout sessions are:
College Planning for Juniors: presented by school counselor Ms. Sayed
College Athletics and Understanding the NCAA Process: presented by Molly McCarthy, assistant athletic director
Understanding the Financial Aid Process: presented by Kimberly Flynn, a financial planner from Thrive Point Financial
Improving your SAT scores:, presented by Nicki Dakis, director of Study Hall Inc
College Essay Advice: presented by UConn admissions representative, Daniel Teague
Trade School Admissions Process and Information Overview: presented by admissions representative of Lincoln Technical Institute
Apprenticeship Opportunities for Building Trades: presented by Paul Costello, director of NECA and IBEW Local 90
Accessing Support on College Campuses: presented by Ferne Bork, assistant director of admissions at Landmark College
First Generation College Students: presented by a representative from Manhattanville College
Senior Leah Scoppa, who attended Into the Future last year, said the night was very helpful for her. She said, “They give you a lot of valuable information that you might not know about the college process and it’s helpful to learn how to successfully apply.”
Mrs. Sayed and the other school counselors: Colleen Couch, Joni Zdunczyk, and Christopher Marinaro, planned Into the Future for high school juniors. Ms. Sayed said, “We hope to have them come and get their questions answered, and get expert advice. We follow this up with their junior planning meeting, which we want families to be more involved in this year.” The guidance department provided this link to RSVP.