Do Not Test Me, I Am Busy Taking Mid-Terms

By August Pulaski and David LaRiviere |

It’s that time of year again: Mid-terms. The mid-term exams happen once a year so they start at around mid to early January. The mid-term exams have a major impact on everyone’s grade. Many students study a lot for these exams due to the fact that they cover everything from when school starts in September through January. A lot of students tend to stress about these exams, which is entirely normal, but not acceptable. There are ways to prepare students to avoid being stressed, both physically and mentally.

The mid-term exams are designed to test everything that students have learned over the past four or so months, which means students have to review just about everything. Keeping notes, homework, quizzes, tests, classwork sheets, and everything else is essential for studying. Studying off of tests and quizzes is, to some people, the most effective way to study for mid-term exams. Re-writing notes is also another beneficial way of studying, because it makes students go back into the textbook and review everything that has to be memorized for the tests. There are mid-terms for all academic classes, which include English, Math, History, and Science. The tests are also sometimes in other classes, such as electives or world language.

The first day of testing, which is on January 19th on a Tuesday, are the exams of G and F periods. The next day of testing are the exams of E and D periods, the third day are the exams of C and B periods, and finally on the last day of testing is for only A period. On the Monday of that week there is no school, which gives the students time to prepare for the challenges they are going to encounter throughout the week. The mid-term schedule can be found here.