Meet the Team: Field Hockey

Written by: Gabriella Vigorito and Melanie Coretti
    Photographs by: Melanie Coretti and Amber Vuilleumier

field hockeySenior Meghan Lindsay is one of the captains of the Morgan Field Hockey team. She has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She is on varsity and she plays defense. Meghan is #11. She wants to be a doctor when she gets older.

Senior Lauren Vigorito is one of the other Captains of the Morgan Field Hockey team. She has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She is on varsity, and she plays center midfield. Lauren is #44. She likes how everyone on the team is so supportive.

Senior Darcy LaFrance has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She plays varsity and plays defense. Darcys is #22. She likes to draw in her free time.

Senior Jamie Corcoran has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She is on varsity and plays defense and she is #21. She likes art, and she is a co-president of the art club here at Morgan.

Senior Mckenzie Bushnell has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She is on varsity, and she plays midfield. Mckenzie is #42. She is going into the Coast Guard after she graduates.

Senior Isabella Pitarra has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She is on varsity, and she plays defense. Isabella is #2. She likes how she can tell the team anything and not feel awkward or uncomfortable about it.

field hockeyJunior Hannah Gaudet has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She is on varsity and JV. She plays defense. Hannah is #10. She likes how everyone on the team becomes her best friend.

Junior Aubry Allen has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She plays varsity forward. Aubry is # 14. She likes fried chicken.

Junior Sofia Sicignano has been playing field hockey since 7th grade. She is the Morgan field hockey goalie for the varsity team. Sofia does lots of community service.

field hockeySophomore Gabriella Vigorito has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She plays varsity and JV midfield. Gabriella is #17. She likes all of the team pasta parties.

Sophomore Falyn McQuarrie has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She plays varsity forward. Falyn is number # 12. Falyn is deathly afraid of spiders.

Sophomore Abby Pitarra has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She plays varsity and JV midfield. Abby is #5. She loves field hockey.

Sophomore Sam Mena has been playing field hockey since 7th grade. She plays varsity and JV forward. Sam is #28. She likes to read a lot.

Sophomore Jordan McMillan has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She plays varsity forward. Jordan is # 18. Her favorite subject is math.

FullSizeRender-3Freshman Chelsea Piccirillo has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She plays JV defense. Chelsea is #16. She likes kale chips.

Freshman Kitty Shortt has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She plays varsity and JV forward. Kitty is #6. Her real name is Catherine, and people just call her Kitty.

Freshman Angela Recine has been playing field hockey since 6th. She plays JV midfield. Angela is #4. She is very interested in lucid dreaming.

Freshman Jen Accetta has been playing field hockey since 8th grade. She plays JV defense. Jen is #32. She likes drawing in her free time.

Freshman Aadilah Bajwa has been playing field hockey since 8th grade. She plays JV defense. Aadilah is #34. She is taking Chinese this year.

Freshman Beatrice Atengco  has been playing field hockey since 8th grade. She plays forward midfield for JV. Bea is #24. Her nicknake is Bea and she is from California.

Freshman Krystina Lecuyer has been playing field hockey since 6th grade. She plays defense and midfield for the JV team. Krystina is #15.  She is a social butterfly.

Freshman Johanna Gutierrez has been playing since 7th grade. She plays midfield  for JV. Johanna is #31. She speaks two languages fluently.

Freshman Melanie Coretti  is the Morgan field hockey goalie for the JV team. This is her first year playing field hockey.

The Morgan Field Hockey team stays positive by encouraging each other, on and off the field. The 23 people on the  team get to know each other by bonding as a team at pasta parties and at team sleepovers. Many of the girls on the team agree that field hockey is more close-knit than other sports here at Morgan; even though our record is low our spirits are high.

The team is special because “we lose but still have fun,” explained Isabella Pitarra. Her sister, Abby Pitarra, added, “We all are family, and have each other.”

The head coach Ms. Fritze is a 1st grade teacher at Joel Elementary School. Her assistant coach is Laney, and this is her first year coaching field hockey. Laney is also the assistant coach for lacrosse at Morgan. “There is only one family here, and that’s the focky family” says coach Fritze.

Come support our upcoming games. Go the the CIAC Website, for the schedule.