What To Expect at the New Morgan

GoPro Video by Meghan Schulze |
Pictures by Meg Falcone and PawPrint staff |
Interviews by Meghan Schulze and Julia Hornyak |
Written by Meghan Schulze |

New School Video Scrnshot

A few members of The Morgan PawPrint went on a tour of the new Morgan building in September of 2015 with the English department. Above you will see a GoPro video tour and a slideshow with highlights of the new building. Areas you will see are the main entrance, cafeteria, gymnasium, auditorium, the guidance offices, the fields, and many classrooms!

For students that currently attend The Morgan School, or plan to in the future, there will be multiple tours for anyone who wishes to tour the new school. You can sign up for a tour on November 3, 2015, at 5:00pm in the main office. If you are unable to attend a tour during the school year, there will be an open house when the building is completed.

STEP planning will begin in July and the STEP Mentor training will include touring the building. During STEP week, lunch will be provided so students can learn how lunch works and where they will pick up their lunch each day.

The new schedule is currently being made by a group of 18 teachers. There needs to be a change so students can have more opportunities without dropping class once a week. If you would like to know more about the new schedule in the new school, check out New School New Schedule by Meg Falcone.

The up and coming building is “more student centered” and “more like a college campus”. There will be a classroom for every teacher, including an improved preschool for child development. The electives offered will be a pathway to different careers such as more business classes since so many alumni go into that field.

The property has been purchased by a commercial developer who will possibly build condos and a restaurant.

As we move to a new Morgan building, there will be opportunities for Morgan alumni and the community to say goodbye to the ‘old’ building before it is taken down.