Outdoor Track Shoreline Championships 5/22

2 Athletes Named 1st Team All Shoreline
Gabi Navarra
Captain Julia White finishing 100m

On May 22nd, the outdoor track and field team competed at the Shoreline Championship, held at Portland high school. The team had a successful championship and came home with 13 medals, and 2 1st Team All Shoreline Champions.

At the Shoreline championship, the top 6 in each event receive a medal. 3rd place receives Honorable Mention All Shoreline, 2nd place receives 2nd Team All Shoreline, and 1st place recieves 1st Team All Shoreline. The Morgan team had two athletes named 1st Team All Shoreline, Captain Robby Estabrook for Javelin and Sophomore Addy Reed for the 3200M. Senior Aj Luke received honorable mention for the 300M Hurdles.

Along with receiving 1st team, Robby broke his school record once again for javelin. Previously, Robby broke the school record with a throw of 171 feet, and at Shorelines threw 174’ 3,” breaking the record for the second time.

Athletes who received medals and photos:
Boys 4×100 – 6th place
Girls 4×100 – 4th place
Addy Reed – 1st in 2 Mile & 3rd in 1 Mile
Aj Luke 3rd – 300m Hurdles
Olivia Ruotolo – 5th in 100m Hurdles
Michael Fusco – 6th in 100m
Robby Estabrook – 1st in Javelin

The boys track team, for those who qualified for Class M State Championship, will be competing on Tuesday, May 28th, in New Britain. The girls team will be competing in the Class S State Championship on Wednesday, May 29th.