Outdoor Track & Field Senior Night 5/7

10 First Place Finishes

On Tuesday, May 7th, the outdoor track and field team celebrated their senior night, following softball on May 6th, for the spring 2024 sports teams. The track team competed against HK and Valley. On the track team, there area total of 9 seniors, including the 3 captains: Julia White, Robby Estabrook, and Trevor Leach. The other seniors include Lili Torres, AJ Luke, Glenda Zhiminicela, Shannon Slie, Hayden Walker, and Ainsleigh Landino. The juniors worked hard to put together a great celebration for the seniors.

Below are the seniors’ destinations after high school:

Julia White will be attending Endicott College, majoring in elementary school education.
Robby Estabrook will be attending the Marion Military Institute, majoring in nuclear engineering and throwing javelin for the track and field team.
Trevor Leach will be attending Johnson & Whales University, majoring in culinary.
AJ Luke will be attending Auburn University, majoring in business.
Lili Torres will be attending Central Connecticut State University, and is still deciding her major.
Glenda Zhiminicela will be attending Eastern Connecticut State University, majoring in health science, and playing soccer for the women’s soccer team.
Ainsleigh Landino will be attending Quinnipiac University, majoring in psychology.
Shannon Slie will be attending Quinnipiac University, and is still deciding her major.
Hayden Walter is still deciding what he will be doing after high school.

Each senior received posters made by the underclassmen, a fathead, and a basket containing their favorite snacks, and a custom-made water bottle with the mascot of their college.

Below are the results from the meet and some pictures from senior night celebrations:

Girls:
4x100M Relay – 1st place
Julia White – 1st place in 100M
Addy Reed – 1st in 1600M, 1st in 3200M
Olivia Ruotolo – 1st in 100M Hurdles
AJ Luke – 1st in 300M Hurdles, Tied 1st in Long Jump
Demi Rheberg – 1st in Discus
Lili Torres – 3rd in Javelin
Gabi Navarra – 3rd in High Jump

Boys:
4x100M Relay – 2nd place
4x400M Relay – 2nd place
Michael Fusco – 1st in 100M, 2nd in 200M
Trevor Leach – 3rd in 400M, 2nd in 1600M
Robby Estabrook – 1st in Discus, 1st in Javelin

Upcoming Meets:
Wednesday 5/15 – “Last Chance Qualifier” at Cromwell
Wednesday 5/22 – Shoreline Championships at Portland HS
Tuesday 5/28 – CIAC Class M State Championships for boys at New Britain
Wednesday 5/29 – CIAC Class S State Championships for girls at New Britain