Morgan Volleyball on Club Volleyball

Improving Their Game & Building Friendships
Pure+Passion
Pure Passion

Winter and Spring club volleyball helps many Morgan Girls Volleyball team members stay in the game and improve their play. Some girls play on club teams like Pure Passion or Husky, which are programs that put volleyball teams together based on skill. Competing in off-season programs allow these athletes to stay in competitive shape and focus on their skill and development consistently.  Players build connections with teammates they don’t know well. Besides creating friendships, meeting new players allows them to learn new communication skills that are key for the sport.

Ava Ruotolo and her Husky team

Junior Ava Ruotolo, who plays on the Morgan Girls Volleyball team, plays on the club team called Husky based in Windsor and Newington. She began playing club at the start of her sophomore year. She is very glad she joined this program, as it has helped her in her Morgan season. She has improved her all around skills and her confidence on the court as a varsity player. For instance, this program has helped her improve her serve receive, and outside hitting. Ava normally plays back row, and being on Husky has helped her improve her playing the other positions as well, like outside hitter.  She would recommend this club to others to help them during their volleyball season in the Fall.

Avery Vece setting the ball for her teammate

Sophomores Payton Corgan and Avery Vece play for Pure Passion in their off-season. Pure Passion is a volleyball program that splits up teams based on age. Pure Passion’s mission is to “develop athletes of character, coaching life-long skills, and instilling a passion and heart for the game in a positive environment.” Payton has been playing Pure Passion since her freshman year. Hearing from other coaches and playing with more competitive and high level teams helps Payton improve her game.

Sophomore Avery Vece has been playing club volleyball for 2 years now. She has seen lots of improvement in her play, and it has carried into the school season. She has also gotten lots of one-on-one training during club, which has helped her immensely. Avery started volleyball her freshman year, and it was a completely new sport to her. Working with Pure Passion has helped her learn the game and taught her everything she needed to know, so it has been a big part of her high school volleyball career. Avery would certainly recommend working outside the school season to see improvement in their game.