Morgan Drink Expenses

Starbucks/Dunkin/Coffees
A Venti Strawberry Acai Refresher

Every day, many students come into school with some sort of refreshment in hand. Whether they went to Starbucks or Dunkin, students are spending money on coffee, refreshers, or other beverages and/or foods to give them a boost of energy and helped them start their day.

Students can spend up to at $12 for these morning trips, and others spend more on evening trips. The money starts to add up monthly. Senior, Ainsley Corgan said she was spending near $400 every month. Her card had to eventually be limited to one Starbucks run a week. Freshman Hernika Singh said she had to go on a “Starbucks break” due to the overwhelming amount spent on food and drink.

Gigi Santos holding her Starbucks (Leah Scoppa)

Because Starbucks and Dunkin are located near the school, they become overwhelmed with customers before and after school. The location of theses popular chains seem to be why most of the student come in every day with a drink in hand, but others have different reasons. Freshman Taylor Breen states that she gets Starbucks depending on if it will match her outfit better. Others buy drinks and foods as their breakfast meal from these places.

There are many types of drinks available at a range of prices. Some enjoy the taste of chai or coffee in the morning. Others enjoy an intricate, detailed drink to wake them up. Many students find themselves adding so many changes and increasing the sizes that the total rises to, sometimes, $10 for one drink. This does not include the food some add to their orders every morning.

Morgan has a liking for these beverages on a daily. Whether its Starbucks or Dunkin, the store locations and menus are popular with Morgan students, day and afternoon.