Senior Spotlight: Sophia Caprio

Pursuing An Education in Esthetics
Sophia pictured with her family on her Cheer Senior Night

Senior Sophia Caprio has been greatly involved in this community, from being a part of the Morgan Cheer team, and dancing outside of school. Sophia is planning on attending Paul Mitchell The School for esthetics and skin care/waxing. Esthetics is the study of health and beautification of the skin. She will be learning about proper makeup application, skin scrubs, masks, skin evaluations, and more. Paul Mitchell Hair & Beauty School offers education in cosmetology, barbering, esthetics, nails, and makeup. For college, she wanted to stay closer to home. She was inspired to pursue esthetics ever since she was little because she always loved skin care and makeup.

Sophia decided, as much as she loves cheer, that it is time for it to come to an end. She has been involved with Morgan cheer all 4 years of her high school career, and loves it very much. After she completes her program at Paul Mitchell, she dreams of opening her own business. Her ideal location for this business is close to home, but not too close. Her favorite class right now with English teacher Eric Carroll. Mr. Carroll would describe Sophia as “a ball of positive energy, and she can easily infuse that positivity into her peers.” As Sophia journeys into college and her future, Mr. Carroll wishes that she embraces her positivity and continues her journey of understanding herself and celebrating that and portraying it to the world.      

Sophia pictured with her sister Jordona on her Cheer Senior Night

One of her biggest mentors is her dance teacher Rissa. She has her own business in the same field she wants to go into. “She encourages me to work hard every day to be the best version of myself. My life would not be the same without her,” Sophia explains regarding her dance teacher. She also goes on to say how much she has helped her through her life. Another mentor and supporter is her sister Jordana. Jordana is always there for her and ready to listen whenever she needs. She always gives Sophia advice no matter what.  To upcoming seniors, Sophia advises to just have fun. Do not worry about what will happen after high school, just live in the moment because it goes by fast.