Senior Spotlight: Ari Salgar

Pursuing Dual Degree Program
headshot
Senior Ariana Salgar

Senior Ariana Salgar had been accepted through early decision to Quinnipiac University. Ari is going to major in radiologic sciences and earn Dual Degrees: BS in Radiologic Sciences/MHS in Advanced Medical Imaging and Leadership. Ari found out about this program by researching on Quinnipiac’s website. On her campus visit, her tour guide recommended the program as well. Through this program, Ari can earn both a bachelor’s and master’s degree, as well as certification in two radiographic pathways in 4 years. The pathways include magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT) and women’s imaging (WI). Programs like this are rarely found in higher education.

2024 Boys Basketball Team

Ari had always wanted to go into radiology. She said, “When I was 7 I was rollerblading and I broke my wrist, and when I went to the radiologist, I was really intrigued by the scans.” The BS in Radiologic Sciences program will be completed in the first three years which consists of communication skills, clinicals, and labs. The Advanced Medical Imaging and Leadership program takes place during the fourth year, where students will take business, health management and imaging courses. Ari will not be living on campus but commuting instead. She said, “Commuting will save me a lot of money in the long run, and I’ve always wanted to stay close to home.”

Ainsley Corgan, Ari Salgar, and Molly Vitola

Throughout her time at Morgan, Ari has been involved with the girls volleyball and girls lacrosse teams. She is also a member of the National Spanish Honor Society, National Technical Honor Society and was a manager of the boys basketball team during her senior year. She said, “Emely and I knew being basketball managers would be fun since we both enjoy watching the games. It was really fun to get to know the coaches and players better, and it was my favorite part of high school since it was something I never thought I would do.”

With this degree, Ari plans to become an MRI technician. Through the Dual Degree program, once Ari turns 18, she will be able to work at Yale to gain clinical experience as a radiology technician. In the long run, she “would love to work at Yale as a radiologist, but any hospital in Connecticut is ideal.” The Morgan community wishes Ari luck on her future endeavors and can’t wait to see what she accomplishes.