Mrs. Estabrook Rejoins Morgan Family

Clinton Athletic Hall of Fame Inductee
Mrs.+Estabrook
Hannah Sharp
Mrs. Estabrook

Special education teacher Mary Ann Estabrook went to high school at Morgan and this year she came back to teach here. She is able to provide students with instruction and support that can’t be provided in other classes. Mrs. Estabrook said “I’m happy to be at Morgan. I’m thrilled to be here. It feels like a homecoming for me.” Mrs. Estabrook gets to work with some of the same students that she worked with at Joel and Eliot. Mrs. Estabrook’s favorite part of her job is the kids. “It’s why I come in every day. I just love my students,” she shared.

Mrs. Estabrook helping a student (Ava Nettleton)

Before coming to Morgan, Mrs. Estabrook taught at Eliot for seven years and Joel school for twelve years. Before teaching at Eliot and Joel, she taught at a kindergarten through fourth grade elementary school in New Haven. Mrs. Estabrook is also on the executive committee of the Clinton Athletic Hall of Fame. In 1998, she was inducted into the Clinton Athletic Hall of Fame for volleyball and softball. She went to Saint Joseph College in West Hartford.

Mrs. Estabrook has two kids: junior Natalie Estabrook and senior Robby Estabrook. Mrs. Estabrook is excited to teach at the same school her kids attend.

Outside of work, she enjoys spending time outdoors and staying active. When Mrs. Estabrook was in high school, she volunteered at Joel in a special education room, and she loved it. “I fell in love with the students and being able to work with students that have a really hard time picking up new skills. It’s really gratifying to be able to see them grow and progress,” she mentioned. She explained that one difference from teaching at Eliot is the level of structure needed for students to succeed. Eliot is more structured and routine based and prepares students for the next step into high school. Morgan, on the other hand, gives students more freedom and independence.