Mrs. Mularki Leaving Morgan

Love Students, Fond Memories
Jessica+Mularski+
Avery Vece
Jessica Mularski

Since 2016, Integrated Media Arts Instructor Jessica Mularski has been a key part of our Morgan family, contributing unconditional positivity and excitement. She gained the passion for teaching during her senior year of college at Fairfield University, working for a mentoring program in Bridgeport that helped students get into college. This truly inspired her to pursue a career teaching and helping students, specifically teenagers. After graduating, she taught English in Old Lyme for 7 years, and then was a school librarian in Branford for 3 years. Then she took a year off of teaching students to train teachers on how to teach tech, as a tech integration coach. Mrs. Mularski has been teaching at Morgan and established herself as the head of the technology department. She currently teaches tech classes such as Digital Imaging and AP Computer Science. She has also taught Video Production and ran the Daily Dog Pound.

This will be her last year teaching at Morgan because she and her husband bought a company manufacturing lights, so she is going to work with him. Another factor into why she decided to leave is her children. They are still young, and she wants to be able to devote more of her time to them because she feels as though she’s always doing a million things, and “they get the short end of the stick”. She is very excited to be free to work on her own schedule rather than living life according to bells. Mrs. Mularski will now be able to travel without having to worry about school vacations. She already planned a trip to Italy.

As of right now, she does not plan to return to teaching. She expressed feeling burnt out and just needs a break, but she loves working with kids and has not ruled out teaching in the future. On top of teaching, she has pursued other crafts as well. Last year, she released a book about mental health and even had the opportunity to do a Ted Talk about it.

She is appreciative of the Morgan community: “I’ve had a really great time. I’ve enjoyed my days.” She loves the community that has been created at Morgan by the staff and students. She said,“the best part is meeting kids.” She will be leaving at the same time as technology teacher Ted Enoch, who she describes as “an institution”, one of her best friends that she will miss seeing every day. Mr. Enoch and Mrs. Mularski have already made a plan to see each other once a month to catch up. 

The Morgan Family will miss Mrs. Mularski greatly, and we wish her well on every endeavor she takes. 

“She was very open to everyone’s creative ideas during class,” said junior Kasey Allin.

Senior Ari Salgar said, “She’s great, I love her energy she would bring to class.”

“She got Ari and me into the National Tech Honors Society. I appreciate it,” said senior Ainsley Corgan.

Sophomore Aasiya Bhawa said, “Mrs. Mularski helped me find my passion for photography. I enjoyed learning about it and found photography very interesting. She was a very good teacher.”