Goodbye Mr. Enoch

Enormous Impact on School and Community
Olivia Ruotolo
Mr Enoch’s room door

Graphic Design and Intro to Communications teacher Ted Enoch recently announced that he will retire from Morgan at the end of this year. Mr. Enoch has had an immense impact on this school and community during his 33 years of teaching multiple technology classes.

Mr. Enoch has had an enormous impact on his students. Senior Sara Stack describes him as “always so happy and open, with a very amiable personality.” She also said that he is very willing to teach others and is super welcoming. Senior AJ Luke, who had him in his Graphic Design, likes that “he allows us to be creative, and he will always be there to help and teach. Mr. Enoch has led me to gain interest in graphic design that I hope to use in my future. I and many others will miss him, and it will be hard to replace such an impactful teacher.”

Many faculty members and students appreciate Mr. Enoch’s knowledge and help with various projects. Journalism students used their graphic design skills to create the flags for this year’s and last year’s Senior Destination event. Mr. Enoch printed all the flags for the event. Over the years, he created or printed posters, banners, and more for school and town events. Mr. Enoch also used his photography skills to capture important occasions for the school community. Technology teacher Jessica Mularski said Mr. Enoch is an “institution”. She values his wealth of knowledge, his willingness to help by sharing his expertise and giving his time. Many teachers and students feel the same way. His skills and willingness to help with any project are invaluable.

Enoch Quilt
Mr. Enoch displaying the pattern on his Quilt of Valor (Iris Dunham and Rory Smith)

On May 13, 2021, the entire Morgan school gathered for a surprise ceremony for Mr. Enoch. Mr. Enoch was awarded the Quilts of Valor for serving our country in war. The Quilts of Valor Association is run by volunteers who create handmade quilts for veterans and active military members. At the covering ceremony, Mr. Enoch was given the quilt and a handwritten letter. The mission of the Quilts of Valor is to “Cover Service Members and Veterans touched by war with comforting and healing Quilts of Valor.”

After graduating from college, Mr. Enoch got a teaching job with the Department of Defense Dependent school system in Germany. He worked there for three years before returning to the U.S. where he joined the Army Reserve. One year later, he was commissioned a lieutenant in the engineers. He remained in the Armed Services for twenty-one years, before retiring in 2008. He spent 6 months at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba in 1995, assisting in running the migrant camps for 40,000 Cubans who were

Mr. Enoch

waiting to emigrate from Cuba to the United States. He was also employed in Baghdad, Iraq, where he worked as a liaison between the Army and Iraq civilians. With his team, they dispersed food, water, and humanitarian relief to the poor to help make their lives better.

In the summer of 2023, Mr. Enoch suffered a catastrophic health emergency. Although he missed the first semester of his final year of teaching, he made a complete recovery and returned to Morgan in the spring for his last teaching semester.

Although Mr. Enoch’s expertise and willingness to help will be missed at Morgan, he deserves a restful retirement after devoting himself to the service of others. Happy retirement, Mr. Enoch.