Morgan Softball’s First Victory

Huskies Win First Game
Morgan Softball Team 2024

The Morgan softball team played East Hampton away on April 15, at 4pm. The team received their first win of the season after having a rough start, winning 13-12 in the 7th inning. 

The starting lineup in the infield consisted of Sophomore Brianna Sposa at the mound, senior Captain Sam Way catching, junior Alyssa Ruthstrom at 1st, junior Nina Fishman at 2nd, sophomore Amber Maikowski at short-stop, and senior Giovanna Santos at 3rd. Sophomore Whitney Treubig started in left field, junior Laura Orn in center, and freshman Aaliyah Langner in right field. 

The softball team fought going back and forth with East Hampton in the beginning of the game, but pulled through, eventually gaining a 7 point lead. East Hampton started to battle back in the last inning, but Morgan continued to work hard for the win. Sophomore Brianna Sposa gained the team’s second out with an important strikeout, and junior Alyssa Ruthstrom ended the game catching a foul fly ball. 

Coaches Daniel Marsh and Paul Hamilton are very proud of the team for receiving their first win. The team’s next game is today away in North Branford at 4pm. Our Huskies currently have 2 wins. Let’s hope to get some more.