Job Shadow: Opportunities For Juniors

Morgan Students Discover Futures
Shelby Mehmet

To prepare students for the future, Morgan offers job shadowing to interested students. Job shadows allow students to dive deeper into a career of interest. Shelby Mehmet, Morgan Alumni and, Assistant Coordinator of Clinton Human Services came to Morgan at the

Shelby Mehmet

beginning of the year for an assembly during students’ advisory and explained job shadows and the available options. Students had the opportunity to sign up for job shadowing during their lunch waves with Shelby for whatever job they were interested in.

On March 17, 2024, five Morgan students went to TIGI Hairdressing Academy in Guilford for a job shadow. According to the students who attended, the job shadow was interesting and helpful, allowing them to experience what they want to do in the future. Junior Meadow Papacoda, said that the job shadow was fun and made her very interested in attending TIGI after high school.

The students got a tour of the salon and also got to talk to some students there. Two Morgan Alumni Mikayla Brotz and Sophie Gaudet along with other TIGI students talked to the Morgan students about how much they loved going to school there and how much they recommended it. Junior Destiny Rehberg said that after the job shadow, she wants to pursue a career in hairdressing. All the students who attended said that TIGI was very laid back and looked like a fun place to go to school.

The owner of the salon, Matt Ricci, explained all the details of going to school at the academy and all the expenses involved. TIGI also offers a dermatology program for interested students. The students met the teachers at the school, who were all very inviting and welcoming. Overall, it was a great experience for all Morgan students and helped them get one step closer to deciding their future.

Some of the job shadows Morgan offers include:
Media production/photography
Advertising/marketing, TV Production/B

roadcasting
Lawyer – Criminal Defense
Aerospace/Astronaut and Meteorology
Medical/Nursing and Neuroscience
Engineering/civil
Physical Therapy/Sports Medicine
Biotechnology (study/use of organisms)
Business Owner/Entrepreneur
Coding/Game and app design
Police Officer/Firefighter/E.M.T
Teaching, Early Childhood Education
Journalism/ writer
Psychiatry/Social Work
Realtor
Zoology, Veterinarian
Fitness/Health and wellness
Cosmetology/Hairdressing
Auto/Marine Repair
Marine/Science, Environmental
Construction/ Electrical/ Plumbing. HVAC and architecture
Pharmacist, Dentist, Chiropractor

Morgan students have more job shadows planned. The school is working with Shelby Mehmet, who organizes the job shadows for Morgan, to provide even more options, so every student can experience a taste of their possible future. They are working with Shelby Mehmet, who organizes all the job shadows for Morgan. Shelby attends all the job shadows along the students, but the students provide all their own transportation.