Announcement: Holiday Spirit Week

PJs, Family Photo, Headwear, Candy Cane, Ugly Sweater
Announcement+Poster+
Amber Maikowski
Announcement Poster
Full announcement poster (Amber Maikowski)

Students at Morgan are getting into the holiday spirit. Morgan is having a holiday-themed spirit week. There is a variety of themes that students and teachers will follow, if they would like, the week of December 18-22. 

The Spirit Squad run by English teacher Eric Carroll and Math teacher Stephanie Davis, created holiday-themed days that will bring the school community together. Spirit Squad meets every Tuesday at 7:15 a.m. in Mrs.Davis´ room to come up with ideas on how they can make the school more spirited. Director Mrs.Davis explains how the spirit squad has gotten ready for the upcoming spirit week, ¨When the spirit squad was thinking about the holiday spirit week, we really wanted it to be inclusive of all the holidays, not specifically for Christmas but could apply if you celebrate Hanukkah. So none of the spirit days were specifically Santa or Christmas.¨

Everyone gets excited about the spirit weeks, but one of the most spirited people in our school is our Assistant Principal Chris Luther said, ¨I think the most excited I am for this upcoming holiday spirit week would be for the headwear day. I have to be honest with the audience, I’m not such a PJ fan. I don’t feel comfortable wearing PJs around, but the headwear I’m going to try and do my best to have awesome headwear that day¨. 

A series of students say that they are most excited about Polar Express Day which means students and teachers come together and wear their favorite pajamas. Sophomore, Ainsley Lyon said, ¨It allows people to express their holiday spirit through pajamas.¨

Spirit week themes: 

Monday, December 18 – Polar Express day (Wear your favorite holiday pajamas)

Tuesday, December 19 – Family Photo Day (Coordinate an outfit theme with your friends)

Wednesday, December 20 – Holiday Headwear (Wear a holiday hat or headband)

Thursday, December 21 – Candy Cane Day (Wear red and white)

Friday, December 22 – Ugly Sweater (Wear an ugly holiday sweater)