Celebrating Morgan Scholars

7 Students Honored for their Academic Performance
Administration

Every year Clinton Public Schools recognizes a group of students who have demonstrated advanced academic performance. These students are juniors and seniors that are ranked in the top 5% of their class. Each student receives a Morgan Sweatshirt with “Morgan Scholar” embroidered on it. The Board of Education recognized the students at the Board of Education Meeting on November 6, 2023. This year 7 students received The Morgan School Scholar Award: Kasey Allin, Oliver Taboada, Nina Fishman, Kayla Brinkman, Isabella Johnson, Katie Nguyen, and Olivia Ruotolo. This year makes 280 students that have been honored with this award since 1990. 

One of the Morgan Scholars Olivia Ruotolo expressed how she was very proud of herself.  She worked hard over her freshman, sophomore, and the beginning of junior year for this honor. She said, “To achieve this, I maintained good grades in all of my classes and worked very hard to maintain them.” She explained how she made certain to seek help if she needed it: “I was very good at advocating for myself, and I asked teachers questions when I needed to. I didn’t hold back and wasn’t scared to ask them anything.” Olivia didn’t know this award existed until recently when she won.

Katie Nguyen also shared “It feels nice to be a scholar because it shows that all of the stress from school went to something.” She always turned in her work on time and studied for exams to get good grades. Katie said that this was not something she was actively trying to achieve, but she hoped to receive it.

Congratulations to this year’s Morgan Scholars.