MSW Celebrates Both Senior Nights

Football, Cheerleading
Riley Schmidt
Cheer and Football Senior Night

On October 13th, MSW had their first Senior Night for both football and cheerleading at Old Saybrook High School. They played against Coginchaug, with another win of 40-0. MSW celebrated football seniors Casey Corrigan, Tyler Baldwin, Jack Nye, Jacob Jones, Nick Novorio, Bardh Thaci, Zach Taylor, Hayden Walter, and Juan Vieyra. The fans, teammates, and parents also celebrated our senior cheerleaders Jamie Freis, Jillian Suarez, Kiera Leach, Krista Blackley, Maria Eduarda Do Nascimento, Sonora St. Onge and Sophia Caprio. This was one of two seniors nights to celebrate the seniors on their home turf.

A few of the cheerleaders and football players shared how they felt about senior night went. Cheer Captain Maria Eduarda Do Nascimento said, “Something that I really like about the senior night is that I’m able to experience it with my friends from different towns, and I’m really glad that we have two so that I can redo it with my family and friends. I also really appreciate my teammates that gave me gifts because that really means a lot.”

Senior Sophia Caprio shared a similar opinion. She’s glad this year that she gets two senior nights to share these memories with her friends again. She also said her favorite part is “getting walked down by my family because it’s really important to me cause I’m one of the last ones in my family for senior night to happen.”

Football Captain Jack Nye said, “I really liked senior night at Old Saybrook.All the seniors were really locked in. We played for each other. The ceremony was great. All the players lined up in the tunnel to go through. We took a bunch of pictures, and it was really fun. We beat an undefeated team, shut them out 40-0, and it was a great night.”

The second senior night fell on Morgan’s Homecoming Football game this past Friday on November 10, 2023, at Peters Complex, Joel School. MSW played North Branford for the second year in a row on their homecoming game. Everyone celebrated not only the seniors but those who won homecoming court. The game was very close with an ending score of 34 (MSW) – 37 (North Branford). This ranks MSW in 10th place with a record of 5-4. There is still a slight chance that the boys can make it to the playoffs with one more game to go. This was the last home game that both the football boys and cheerleaders got to play on their home turf. The next game is Thursday, November 16, 2023, at Valley Regional High School.