Morgan Honors Veterans Who Served

Veterans Day Assembly

Morgan was excited to celebrate Veterans Day and honor the friends, family and citizens who served our country. The assembly took place on Friday, November 10th at 10:00 am and incorporated a ceremony to show respect for the veterans.

The ceremony included the following events:

Morgan School Concert Band preformed under the direction of Vidal Orduz and the Morgan School Chorus preformed under the direction of John Lamp
Students who were the Color Guard- Riley Kuever, Dillon Moore, Davis Walker, Ainsleigh Landino, Shannon Slie, Samantha Way                                                                                                                                       

Principal, Keri Hagness welcomed the school to the assembly and introduced Chris Aniskovich, Chairman of Clinton Town Council, for opening remarks. 
Senior, Sean Davis preformed the Pledge of Allegiance, senior, Riley Schmidt read a Salute To Our Heroes and senior, Leah Scoppa read A Tribute To Our Veterans
Assistant Principal, Chris Luther recognized first responders, veterans present at the assembly and Morgan students with relatives in the military

Veterans’ were welcomed to come up to the podium to speak about experiences, stories or spread a message to the school 
Joe Diedrich,
historian and assistant adjutant, retired the colors

Morgan invited all veterans to enjoy a luncheon. For this, culinary students prepared food for the veterans. Also Interact assembled a trivia game which goes through the decades and quizzes veterans on time periods. Throughout the luncheon, music from the 40s till today played, which allowed for the veterans to reminisce about the war songs.
Mrs. Hagness’s favorite parts of the Veterans Day Assembly was recognizing family members of Morgan students and faculty who served. The assembly was live-streamed to everyone who wanted to watch but could not attend.