Transition from Eliot to Morgan

Freshman share their insight
Ari Salgar
Freshmen Molly O’Donnell and Bianca Nascimento

This year Morgan welcomes new freshmen to the school. Freshman year is a big change for them. They go into a new school and meet mostly new teachers. There are three teachers who moved with them.
Some students in the freshmen class expressed how they feel about the change in schools. One of the main concerns is the workload. Freshman Jude Watson said while “classes are much harder,” he is finding that the workload is easier, and he can get through the assignments without struggling too much because there isn’t as much homework. While freshman Molly O’Donnell agrees that the workload is still reasonable, she thinks that her work is easier than she expected. She added that there is “less homework”, and it is not given every day.

One thing that most students claimed was a big change was the amount of freedom allowed at Morgan. Students universally agree that while there is a lot more freedom, there is more responsibility. At Morgan, a freedom and privilege is the students’ ability to pick their own classes. Freshman Bianca Nacimineto said “when you get to choose your class, there is more of an opportunity to find out what you enjoy.” Morgan is big on students exploring their interests. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to classes.Morgan offers classes like Engineering I, Culinary I, Journalism, Sculpture, and many more.

Morgan’s STEP program at the end of summer is popular with freshmen. It allows freshmen students to get to know the upperclassmen, the school, and even some teachers and administrators. Freshman Emma Teuner said, “STEP was very helpful”. Freshman Bianca Donacimineto added that “STEP was the biggest part in meeting new people and finding classes.” Lots of students thought that it was a welcoming experience and a great program for Morgan. STEP got all students excited for the incoming school year.