Another Two Wins by MSW

FIrst Home Games of the Season
Destiny Speece

After our big win against Haddam-Killingworth, the MSW football team was looking to keep their winning streak going. The team was excited to be playing back on their home field for the first time this season and as a Co-Op. The game was held on Friday, September 15, 2023, at Peters Complex at Joel School against Coventry. The Dog Pound showed up loud and in spirit with the theme Frat Vs. Sorority. MSW had a total yards of 322 as Coventry had only 46 yards. The ending score was 54-0. 

The following week MSW played Capital/Achievement on Friday, September 22, 2023, also held at Peters Complex at Joel School. The Dog Pound’s theme this week was White Lie and was packed with Morgan, Westbrook, and  Old Saybrook students. MSW continued their streak with another win and an ending score of 56-28. The football team kept the cheerleaders busy both games with push ups for every touchdown they scored.

After their great wins, MSW played Cromwell this past weekend on Sunday, October 1, 2023, held at Old Saybrook High School. Unfortunately MSW lost their first game of the season with a score of 3-36. This makes MSW’s record 3-1 for the season so far. 

The next game is Friday, October 6, 2023, and is also a home game. There are still several more games to follow throughout the season. You can view the schedule and scores on both The Morgan PawPrint and CIAC Sports