Mr. Capozza Joins Morgan Family

New Long-Term Substitute in the Guidance Department
Mr.+Capozza
Camryn Mazzarella
Mr. Capozza

As Morgan guidance counselor Joni Zduncyzk is out on maternity leave, we have welcomed a new member to our staff. Michael Capozza is thrilled to be a part of the Morgan family, and has recently settled into his temporary office in room B35.

Mr. Capozza is a native to Connecticut. He graduated from Waterford High School, and went on to attend Assumption University in Worcester, Massachusetts for his undergraduate in psychology. After, he transferred to Central Connecticut State University to get his masters in school counseling.

Although he loves what he does, Mr. Capozza originally wanted to be a history teacher, but he realized that was not the job for him. “I didn’t know what I wanted to do, and I was very stressed out about that,” Mr. Capozza claims. He didn’t know what he wanted to become until his sophomore year of college.

Mr. Capozza chose his career in guidance because, although he thinks it sounds cliche, he loves to help people. “If a student comes into my office, and they are very distressed, or they need help with a problem, it justifies what I do.” Mr. Capozza said. Mr. Capozza explained that the job is rewarding. He said, “Everytime they leave my office not crying, or I fix their schedule, or whatever their problem is, fixing their problem makes it worth it to me.” He admires his middle school guidance counselor who helped him a lot and aspires to be like him.

Mr. Capozza’s Office (Camryn Mazzarella)

Out of all the schools he worked at, Mr. Capozza expressed that Morgan has been his favorite so far. He appreciates the strong student-teacher connection that has been established here and has enjoyed getting to know the staff and students. If he could, he would take a future open position here in a heartbeat.

Outside of school, his favorite activities are playing video games, hiking, and spending time with his family. His family is one of the most important things to him, and he hopes to find a permanent job in Connecticut, so he can stay close to them.

Unfortunately for Mr. Capozza, his time here at Morgan will be ending shortly after the first semester when Mrs. Zdunczyk returns. He wishes to gain a permanent position, but understands how hard it is given there are few guidance counselors per district. He will hopefully find bright opportunities wherever he goes.