Senior Spotlight: Bella Fishman

Future ‘Fashionista’ Shares Experiences

Katie Martin, Writer, Chief Editor

What are three words you would use to describe yourself? 

“Driven, confident, and sarcastic.”

What are you most passionate about in life? 

“I love fashion. But I also am very proud of myself in a way that I’ve worked so hard to build a resume in that industry before I’ve even graduated from high school. When I knew fashion was what I wanted to do, I immediately got a retail job at the Outlets working for Polo Ralph Lauren, and then I got a job as a bridal assistant. Once I realized that I was having a fun time, but I wasn’t using my full potential of what I could do, I got a job interning at Atianas Boutique, and now I just make TikTok’s and Instagram posts for my job. They have given me so many opportunities; I got invited to fashion events for them. I went to New York Fashion Week, and now I have a brand photo shoot in March that I will be doing.”

What is one thing you look forward to most after you graduate? 

“I am so excited to leave this building. I know that sounds horrible, but I can’t wait to get outside of the Clinton bubble. I need to experience new things and meet new people. I need to be around people who share similar interests with me, you know, really creative people. I think that will be good for me.”

What are your plans for the future? 

“As of right now, I am still waiting to hear back from my decisions. My top choice is the Fashion Institute of Technology in Manhattan, and when my decision comes back for that, I will go there. I plan to go there and work my butt off and get as many opportunities as I  can.”

Who would you say are your mentors in life? 

“This sounds so weird but I figured out what I wanted to do with my life after high school from TikTok. I found a girl who went to a fashion school, named Kate Barlett. She went to my dream school, and she started doing all these amazing things with social media, and I was like ‘woah this girl did it, I want to be like her and take the steps to get the same opportunities.’” 

What are you involved in at Morgan and why? 

“National Honor Society, Spanish National Society, Morgan Mentors, and Yearbook.”

What is your favorite part of Morgan? 

“I love how collaborative and chill Morgan is. I feel like at a lot of other schools they don’t allow their students to be as creative. Our school lets us run a lot of activities as students, which I like. We have the opportunities to be creative and do stuff that we want to be able to do.”

What is the best memory you have made in high school?

“I can’t really pinpoint one. I love just being with people I love and spend quality time with my friends because that  is the best part of high school.” 

What is your goal for the rest of your senior year? 

“To graduate. I’m ready. I want to just pass all my classes, and just do my thing.” 

What advice would you give to your freshman self? 

“Surround yourself with people who make you feel good about yourself. What is the point of being with people who make you miserable? I would also say everything is going to work out in the end. Keep working hard; keep doing what you’re doing, and it will all be okay.”

What is the most important lesson you have learned from four years of high school? 

“Be around people who bring you up, not down. We are just kids, we don’t have much time in high school, and you want to be happy the whole time you’re here.”