First Annual Creative Expo

Written by Logan Cummings|
Photos by Hannah Gaudet, Cedar Hittle, Marie Kane, and Emily Sordo|

On May 11, from 6-8 pm, Morgan hosted the first annual Creative Expo. This event created by Technology Education teacher Jessica Mularski allowed students to display their work of various kinds including drawings, photography, robots, food, poetry, musical performances, and many others.

Around the lower and upper hub, students had their work stationed. Near the gym, photography by students was on display.

In the upper hub, there was artwork including drawings, paintings, sculptures, and costumes made by the students.  Exhibits included pottery created by English Department Chair Paul Serenbetz’s class, stuffed animals designed and sewn by Senior Miranda Holifield, artwork by student artists such as Freshman Kerry LongyearSophomore Olivia Morrissey, Junior Katie Kozak, Senior Meredith Reynolds, and various others. Additionally, there was an area where student-made films played. These films were created by students in Intro to Communications and Video Production.

The Morgan Rock Band performed throughout most of the event in the cafeteria, playing songs including Little Black Submarines by The Black Keys.

Refreshments were served during the Expo, including Hawaiian Punch, ginger ale, cookies, brownies, and fruit. At another table with food, there were samples of Spanish food made by students in order to give guests a taste of popular Hispanic dishes.

During an intermission for the band, some students performed slam poetry, a type of poetry that is half about the words, and half about the performance.

There was also a display by The Morgan School knitting club. English Teacher Amanda Fairbanks shared the hats, shawls, and sweaters created by The Morgan School knitters. Another stand advertised the Morgan PawPrint, where anyone could browse the website via iPads and laptops and view the articles created by students.

Below are videos of the music, slam poetry, and photos of the artwork that students presented.  Be sure to attend next year’s creative expo! This is a new Morgan tradition that allows all students to share and showcase their talents.

[wpvideo NB4p33YC]

[wpvideo B74cxWt6]

[wpvideo Y3eRwkuE][wpvideo U6b4xB9n][wpvideo hF7ZTSJH]