“May All Your Dreams Come True”: Art from the Heart 2014

Written By Jonathan Markovics |

The Art from the Heart 2014 room makeover is for six year old Tess.  Tess is six years old and is a first grader at the Lewin G. Joel School in Clinton.  She loves horses, unicorns, princesses, fairies, hearts, and diamonds.  Her favorite colors are pink and red.  Tess would love a mural of a barn with horses and hay painted on her wall.  The room makeover will take place April 25-27, 2014.

Art from the Heart is a room makeover for a shoreline pediatric cancer patient between the ages of four and fourteen.  Students at The Morgan School in Clinton and students at Hand High School in Madison collaborate in fundraising, planning, designing, and completing the room with a budget between $1,000 and $1,500.

Click the Picture Below to Watch the Art from the Heart Video:

Each year, the students and advisers of Art from the Heart meet with the candidate to inquire what his or her likes/dislikes are, the room measurements, and the condition of the furniture.  From there, design boards are created with ideas for the dream room.

To make the dream room possible, the Morgan Interact Club has been busy fundraising.  Some of the numerous fundraisers were carnation-grams, a bake sale, “I Support Art from the Heart” pink hearts, and a Neon Glow Dance!  Saldamarco’s in Clinton has been very supportive, allowing the group to sell pink hearts and bake sale goods to help with the fundraising goal.

On one of Tess’ walls is the saying, “May All Your Dreams Come True”.  Art from the Heart’s goal is to transform her bedroom into a dream wonderland that puts a smile on her face everyday.

Read this article about a past fundraiser for Art from the Heart in years prior.