French Exchange Students

Morgan Students Host

For many years, The Morgan School as well as other Shoreline schools hosted French students through  a home exchange program. Since 2016 The Morgan School’s French teacher Lisa Finnegan has been running an exchange student program in Westbrook until she moved to Morgan. In 2022, the French classes were told about French exchange students possibly coming to Morgan. Last fall Mme Finnegan recruited students to host French exchange students this April. The exchange student program was also advertised on the Weekly Blast. Students could contact Mme Finnegan for more information. 10 students, coming from France will be staying with students from Morgan, and 6 students from France will be staying with students from Haddam-Killingworth High School.

In addition to visiting Morgan, the French students will take a trip to Fenway Park on April 21st. They will leave Morgan, April 26th to go to New York for more experiences in the States. Morgan students prepared for the French students to arrive on the 18th of April. Students will be going to school with their host on Monday, the 22nd through the morning of Friday, the 26th. While the French students are here, they will participate in classes such as P.E., art classes, Journalism, and Culinary as well as some others to experience what school like in the U.S.

When Morgan students signed up for the program to host exchange students, they filled out a form to show their interests to help pair them with an exchange student who had similar interests. Morgan students have information about the French students including what they look like, how well they speak English, what their likes and dislikes are, and their contact information. Many Morgan students contacted their French students before they arrived.

Mme Finnegan continues to encourage Morgan students to host exchange students and be a part of the exchange student program. Mme Finnegan expressed that the best part of Morgan students hosting exchange students is students can form relationships with exchange students and learn a lot from each other. She also said many of the students stay in contact with each other after the visit. Mme Finnegan would love to continue this program with Morgan. She is currently planning a trip to France with French students in 2024.

• C

Conor GearyApr 24, 2024 at 10:05 am

It was a pleasure hosting the students from France for their very first baseball game last night at Dunkin’ Park, home of the Hartford Yard Goats. We hope you enjoyed your time, and come back to visit any time you’d like! Merci! Au revoir.