Shoreline Sports Leadership Conference

Athletes Talk Leadership at Morgan
Morgan+athletes+pictured+with+Mark+Leinweaver+
Morgan athletes pictured with Mark Leinweaver

On Wednesday, February 7th, student athletes from Morgan and the other Shoreline schools attended a Shoreline Leadership Conference in the Morgan auditorium. Guest speaker Mark Leinweaver talked to the student body about why character matters. Morgan sent 23 selected sophomore and junior student athletes.

Leinweaver has spoken at over 100 high schools in the last four years. He is a full-time MLB agent who represents more than 75 professional players. He spoke to the student athletes about how reputation can affect everything in their life. He offered guidance on social media dangers, bravery, volunteering, and anti-bullying leadership. He explained how anything students post on social media, or anything they put online, can never truly be deleted. Everything students’ post can be found by future employers or college acceptance staff, and can impact their ability to get that job or get into that school. He explained how this can happen to anyone, and we have to be careful with what we are posting, texting, liking/supporting. Leinweaver also talked about the importance of being kind, and including everyone.

After the conference, the Morgan students that attended met in the A collab room to discuss what they heard and learned. Students talked about the changes that can be implemented into Morgan to be more inclusive and eliminate bullying. Students talked about the importance of stepping out of their comfort zones and being the one to make a change.

To learn more about Mark Leinweaver and what he teaches and promotes, visit his website: Why Character Matters