MGS Waterford Varsity Game 10/10

Snapshots From Girls’ Soccer Game
Starter+huddle
Gabi Navarra
Starter huddle

On October 10th, our girls soccer team at Morgan, No. 4 in Class S, played a hard fought game against Waterford, No. 6 in Class M. The game ended in a 1-1 tie, after being 0-0 for more than half the game. With around 18 minutes left, Sophomore Sadie Passante scored, giving us a 1-0 lead until a player from Waterford scored off of a corner kick, in the last few minutes of the game.

The girls soccer team record after this game is now 9-0-3 with only a handful of games left before our Shoreline and State tournaments start. Having won Shorelines the past 2 years in a row, the girls are hoping for a three-peat championship.

Games left before Shorelines and States Tournaments:

Tuesday October 17, Varsity at 6:00pm @ IROC vs Valley Regional
Friday October 20, Varsity at 6:00pm @ IROC vs Old Lyme – SENIOR NIGHT
Monday October 23, Varsity at 3:45pm @ Cromwell

Gabi Navarra
Gabi Navarra, Chief Editor, Photographer
Hi! My name is Gabi Navarra, I’m a junior and this is my third time working for The Morgan PawPrint. I'm on the girl's soccer team and track & field team here at Morgan.  I’m back producing for the PawPrint because I enjoy the freedom and opportunities the PawPrint has given me. I have been able to take photos for both sports and different school events, write articles, and learn how to film and edit videos. This class gives a taste of what it is like to be a journalist out in the real world for those who possibly want to work in the journalism field in the future.

• S

Sue McHenryOct 24, 2023 at 4:05 pm

Nice job Gabi reporting and getting photos of your team! You’re making great memories of your 2023 soccer season!⚽️