New Manufacturing Opportunities For Engineering Student’s

Morgan’s New Partnerships With Local Companies Provides Engineering Students Job Opportunities

On Friday, October 7th, National Manufacturing Day, ArgoEMS, Bausch Technology Group, Kenyon International, Roper Thermals, Preferred Foam Products, and Tower Laboratories representatives visited Morgan during students’ lunch periods. These companies are the Clinton Manufacturing Coalition. These local companies offered students information on manufacturing, and the opportunity that Morgan has provided them if they take or have already taken Morgan’s Engineering I, II, and II.

Haas CNC Milling Machine

Recently, Morgan’s engineering program enhanced its manufacturing program with new machines such as Haas CNC milling machine, which cuts metal into parts using students’ code. Advanced manufacturing, which is bundled as part of the engineering courses, is the coding of the machines that manufacture a product. Advanced manufacturing is increasingly popular in the manufacturing landscape and is a skill required in the jobs offered by the manufacturing firms that visited Morgan. The manufacturing expansion in Morgan’s engineering program is what allowed Morgan to partner with these local companies.

Morgan offers three levels of engineering as part of the program. Each course earns 3 credits from Goodwin University. Students who successfully complete Engineering I are eligible for 3 credits for Goodwin’s BMM 100: Introduction to Manufacturing. Engineering II is eligible for three more credits in the same BMM 100: Introduction to Manufacturing. Engineering III is also eligible for 3 credits for Goodwin’s BMM 175: CNC Machining. Students who complete the entire series of engineering courses will not only know how to code machines, but also will have 9 total college credits from Goodwin University. More information on Morgan’s engineering program can be found in Morgan’s Program of Studies.

Superintendent Of CPS Marco Famigletti

Assistant Superintendent of Clinton Public Schools, Marco Famegletti, stressed how large of an opportunity these engineering courses are for Morgan students. He said that manufacturing is not what students might imagine it to be. People used to associate manufacturing with environments that are potentially dangerous for workers. Famigiletti explained that manufacturing is not like this anymore because manufacturing is a less hands-on job than it used to be. Instead of working with the materials, workers now use advanced manufacturing skills such as coding.

Mr. Famegletti encourages everyone to try out engineering. He wants students to know about Morgan’s unique partnership with these local companies that give students more opportunities in the field.