Class of 2020’s Top 10

Written by Maggie Guba|
Photos by The Morgan PawPrint|

The Class of 2020 has worked tirelessly over the last four years to accomplish many things. While every member of this class has put in their own work, these ten students stand out from the rest because of their class rank. Below are profiles of each of the Top Ten. Students in alphabetical order.

Carlo Arnoldi

Carlo Arnoldi participated in High School Bowl while at Morgan, competing all four years. In addition, he was also a member of the chorus throughout his time at Morgan and participated in two of the musicals. Carlo is a member of the National Honor Society, Technical National Honor Society, and French National Honor Society. Outside of school, Carlo was involved in open mic night at the Town Hall Annex and was also a counselor assistant at Bushy Hill Summer Camp. His advice to underclassmen is to be prepared for the changes that come with high school and to be prepared with an open-minded attitude. He will be attending Wesleyan University this coming fall and plans to study Physics.

Sarah Auletta

Sarah Auletta has been an active member of the Morgan community throughout her four years here, participating in both field hockey and golf. She was inducted into the National Honor Society, which she is co-president of and the Spanish National Honor Society. This fall she will be attending Simmons University in the honors program majoring in Biology with a minor in Spanish on the public health track. While at Morgan, she was a member of Political Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, REACT, and Partners in Community. As a member of the community, Sarah has done volunteer work with the Pretty Committee and the Westbrook Senior Center. Sarah also was honored for her volunteer work with the Prudential Spirit of Community Award. Sarah’s advice for underclassmen is to try and find a balance between scholastics and just being a teenager. She explained, “while it’s important to push yourself academically, it is super important to make sure that you are happy and healthy.”

Logan Cummings

Logan Cummings has been very involved at Morgan his past four years. He was a member of High School Bowl and Lit Mag (Literary Magazine). This spring Logan was set to be the captain of the Morgan Boys Tennis team. In addition to being a member of the National Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society, and Technical Honor Society. Logan also runs the Morgan Merchbar. The Morgan Merchbar is a brand that Logan created which produces T-shirt designs based on the Morgan School with half the proceeds going to the Class of 2020. This coming fall Logan will be attending the University of Connecticut to study graphic design. Logan also wants to look into communications, marketing, and Spanish throughout his education at UConn.

Andrew Daly

Andrew Daly is an avid member of Morgan athletics. Through his four years at Morgan, Andrew has been a part of the soccer, fencing and tennis teams. This spring he would have been a captain for the Morgan Boys Tennis team. Andrew is the treasurer of the Interact Club at Morgan which he has been a member of for all four years of high school. In addition to Interact Club, Andrew is also a member of the National Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society, and Technical National Honor Society. Outside of the Morgan walls, Andrew is an Eagle Scout. His advice for underclassmen is to enjoy high school while you can because it goes by quicker than you think. This fall Andrew will be attending Villanova University and studying economics through their business school.

Emma Farrell, Valedictorian

Emma Farrell’s four years at Morgan have been filled with involvement. Emma participated in field hockey and lacrosse (which she was supposed to be the captain of this year) all four years and also ran indoor track during her freshman year. In school, Emma was involved in Mentoring, Interact, and DREAM club. She was inducted into the National Honor Society and Spanish National Honor Society. Emma’s advice for underclassmen is to always put your best effort into everything you do, whether it be academics, sports, or friendships because four years from now when you are a senior you will be able to look back on all you have accomplished and be proud. Emma’s hard work has paid off and she will be attending Quinnipiac University for the next six years in their prestigious Entry Level Master’s Physician Assistant (ELMPA) program.

Sydney Fratamico, Salutatorian

Although Sydney Fratamico did not spend all her four years at Morgan, the three years she has been here surely made an impact. Sydney is the co-president of the DREAM club, a Husky Leader, mentor, peer tutor, and she even built the zen room that is in guidance. She was a member of the National Honor Society as well as the Spanish National Honor Society and has participated in many sports. Sydney spent her freshman year of high school in Mexico and came to Morgan her sophomore year. She was a part of the swim team sophomore year, played tennis for her three years, and most recently ran track her senior year. Outside of school, Sydney volunteered at Middlesex and Yale Hospital through the UConn Migrant Farmworkers program. Sydney advised underclassmen to “get involved both inside and outside of the Morgan community! This way, not only are you giving back. You are also making connections, broadening your worldview, and learning more about yourself and your passions. Although high school can be stressful, all of the hard work and time dedicated to tests, projects, and homework assignments will be rewarding.” This fall Sydney will be attending the University of Virginia to major in biology on the pre-med track while also majoring in Spanish with the hopes to become fluent in Spanish.

Rachel Gelven

Rachel Gelven has been a large part of the Morgan community. Rachel has been inducted into the National Honor Society and French National Honor Society. She is a part of the environmental club, DREAM club, and played both field hockey and lacrosse throughout her four years at Morgan. Outside of school Rachel also participates in theater. Her advice to underclassmen is, “make as many connections as possible. You want people, who lead to experiences, which will make your Morgan career great. Don’t force these connections. The right people will come to you eventually!” Rachel will be attending George Washington University this fall to study biology.

Maura Kelly

Maura Kelly’s time at Morgan has been filled with many different activities. As a member of the former Autism Awareness Club, she became the co-founder and co-president of DREAM club. Maura was inducted into both the National Honor Society and the Spanish National Honor Society. She played on the Morgan Girls Soccer team all four years as well as ran indoor and outdoor track. This year Maura was the captain for indoor track and would have been for outdoor track if the season had occurred. When she was not busy with sports, Maura volunteered at the food pantry and Bare Necessities with events around town. Her advice to underclassmen is, “you’ll get the work done, and it is so important to enjoy your time and experience, the fun sports games and events school has to offer. As crazy as things might get sometimes, it’s nothing you can’t handle.” Maura will be off to the University of Connecticut this fall to study speech-language and hearing sciences.

Natalie Novarro

Natalie Novarro bleeds blue through and through. Her four years at Morgan have included being a member of the National Honor Society and Spanish National Honor Society as well as playing on the Morgan Girls Soccer team. This year Natalie was co-captain of the soccer team and played in goal for them. As a member of NHS, Natalie helped to coordinate this year’s Red Cross Blood Drive. She has been to almost every dance and sports game held at Morgan throughout her time here and also participated in STEP. In addition to her time as a STEP leader, Natalie was a Morgan Mentor. Outside of the school building, Natalie was able to intern at the Middlesex Health Shoreline Medical Center the summer before her junior and senior years. She was able to shadow medical personnel in an emergency room setting. She explained that “this experience truly laid the foundation for my future career” as she will be attending the University of Alabama to study nursing this fall. Natalie’s eventual goal is to use her nursing degree to become an APRN (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse).

Alyse Olcott

Alyse Olcott is no stranger to hard work. As class president for the Class of 2020 all four years, she has worked hard at her role in Student Government. Alyse was also a part of Interact, Model UN, Lit Mag, Mentoring, STEP, and tutoring while at Morgan. For four years she also was a member of the Morgan Girls Soccer team, Morgan Girls Basketball team, and outdoor track. Alyse has been inducted into the National Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society, and Technical Honor Society. In addition to being a member, Alyse also acts as co-president for the National Honor Society. For underclassmen, Alyse’s advice is that “Morgan is a school that builds relationships between students and teachers unlike any other. It is important to find teachers that you trust and know that they have your back because it will be a great resource for you throughout your high school career. Also, get involved in something you might think is initially outside your comfort zone. High school is a great place to explore your interests because you change so much as a person while you are there.” This fall, Alyse will be studying astrophysics at Yale University.

The Class of 2020 is sure to do achieve in their future! We cannot wait to see everything they accomplish.