From Morgan to More

Written by Maggie Guba and Maddie Davenport |
Photos by Maggie Guba |

For most high school athletes, playing sports in college is the ultimate dream. At Morgan, many of our student-athletes go on to play at the college level whether it be Division I, II or III athletics. Morgan has had a long history of athletes going on to the next level.

Wednesday, February 5th marked this year’s National Signing Day. This year the Class of 2020 is sending four Seniors off to pursue their athletic passions.

Senior Alyssa Smith will be attending Western New England University in the fall of 2020. There she will be part of the Division III women’s soccer team. She has been a member of The Morgan School’s soccer team for all four years of high school.

Senior Kyle Suraci is committed to playing baseball at Bridgewater State University. The school has a Division III men’s baseball team, and he will be playing with them next spring. Kyle has been an active member of Morgan’s baseball team all four years of high school.

Senior Maddie Stopkoski will be playing lacrosse in college. She is committed to Roanoke College in Salem, Virginia. Roanoke is Division III for women’s lacrosse. Maddie is the captain of the Morgan lacrosse team for the Spring 2020 season. She has been an important player all throughout her four years at Morgan.

Senior Alex Amendola is committed to Nichols College for lacrosse. The college is in Massachusetts and is Division III. For the upcoming Spring 2020 season, Alex will be the captain of the boy’s lacrosse team.