Welcome to Morgan, Mr. Carroll

Written by Maggie Guba |

Morgan has welcomed many new teachers into the faculty for the 2019-2020 school year. One of the newest additions to our family has been English teacher Eric Carroll.

Mr. Carroll is no stranger to classrooms full of students. At his previous school Brien McMahon High School in Norwalk, Connecticut, Mr. Carroll had large class sizes, Morgan is quite the change for him. Although Morgan may be new to him, Clinton Public Schools are not. Mr. Carroll is married to Eliot 5th-grade teacher Julia Carroll, formerly known as Ms. Ballek, who teaches at Jared Eliot Middle School.

Mr. Carroll attended UConn and then went on to teach AP English Language to juniors as well as run the Journalism program at Brien McMahon High School.

At Morgan, Mr. Carroll’s English classes are made up of seniors. One of his students, Senior Mat Pelletier said, “I think it’s a good class. He’s a class act teacher. I like Fridays, They’re called Freestyle Fridays and are the best thing to ever happen to me”.

There are definitely differences between Morgan and Mr. Carroll’s prior school, Brien McMahon High School. Specifically, Mr. Carroll said “the biggest difference is trust that’s provided outside of class. This is a school that is trying to produce trust in kids which I like”.

Overall, the response from students has been very positive. Senior Jillian Crowley who has his class D period said, “He is very amazing and very involved. He cares very much for his students and has been teaching for so long so he gets it”.