Senior Prom, Juice WRLD, or A Boogie?

Written by Marie Kane |

Photos by Marie Kane, grammy.com, and Nation of Billions

Senior prom for the Class of 2019 is taking place on Friday, May 24 at Fantasia in North Haven! Just like last year, there happens to be another concert on the same night of prom. Juice WRLD is a very well known rapper, and he will be performing at Xfinity Theater in Hartford. Not only will he have a concert, but A Boogie Wit da Hoodie will also be performing that same night at Oakdale Theatre. There has been a lot of talk going around school involving the concerts and prom being on the same night, but which one will seniors choose? Seniors shared their reasons for their choice.

Olivia Morrissey: “Prom because I don’t listen to his (Juice WRLD) music.”

David LaRivierre: “I’m going to prom because I’ve never heard of Juice WRLD, and I’ve had plans to go to prom.”

Calvin Jackson: “Concert over prom because it’s less expensive than hundreds of dollars for prom. I will actually have fun and enjoy myself at the concert while prom is boring. The only thing people get from prom are pictures.”

Juice WRLD

Alex Rauccio: “Prom because you can go to a concert whenever, but prom is a one time experience, and I don’t want to miss it and regret it.”

Sean Fitzgerald: “I’d say prom because you only ever have one senior prom in your life. This is your big hurrah for your senior year, and there is not another chance to go. Juice WRLD can perform at any place in Connecticut and you can see them whenever.”

Alyssa Lemay: “It’s dumb if you skip your senior prom for a concert that you could always go to another time.”

Amber Deluca: “I’m going to prom because it’s senior prom, and we don’t have a lot of time left together as a class, and there’s other concerts, but you can’t go to another senior prom.”

Maddy Greenhouse loves Juice WRLD just like many other people here at Morgan; however, she’s going to prom which is not only because she can always go to another concert but because of something more: “You can’t make up all the memories you make at prom. Dressing up and taking pictures with your classmates for the last time before we graduate and go our separate ways is just more important to me.”

Olivia Carroll: “Personally, I’d rather go to prom. I’d rather go to prom because we only go through high school once. You have the rest of your life to go to a concert.”

Bryce Thomas is going to prom instead of the concert because it’s his last year: “I wanna spend my last year with all my friends at prom.”

Sophie Dowd: “Since it is our senior year, it’s important for our class to be able to have a fun night together right before we graduate. There will be many concerts in the future to attend, but this is the last time we will be able to have a senior prom.”

Ashlynn Leka: “Anyone who goes to a concert over prom is stupid. I’m not dumb and won’t miss prom which is something you only get once or if you’re lucky twice. Why would you waste it on a concert? Just stupid.”

Clearly, most of this year’s seniors have their minds set on prom. It’s important to make these last memories together. However, for those going to one of the concerts, hopefully, they will have a good time as well.