Inside Clinton Businesses: Clinton Academy of Music

Written by Claire Pease and Kerryanne Longyear |

Vanessa Pentz owns the Clinton Academy of Music at 204 East Main Street in Clinton. For over forty years, she has been in the music business. In 2006, she started business in Connecticut. Clinton has been the home for the Academy of Music for 3 years, and she has been a member of the Chamber of Commerce for just over a year. She lives in Clinton and wants to contribute to the community.

The main goal of  Pentz’s business is to “impart the joy of music” in children and others. She started teaching in Pennsylvania, and then went on to teach privately in New Jersey. She worked in public school systems and universities before moving to Connecticut and opening up music schools.  She is most proud of how well the students perform on their national piano exams and wants to ensure that the children that want to pursue music in their lives get into good conservatories or universities.

Her professional music studio in Clinton has two grand pianos sitting next to each other so that students can witness and learn by watching and listening to their teachers. In addition to piano, the Clinton Academy of Music also offers lessons in several other instruments, such as strings and guitar. The academy also offers voice lessons for students who prefer that over instruments.

If Interested contact the academy for music lessons at 203-645-6665.