Morgan Cheer Wins Shorelines

Written by Melanie Coretti and Ashley Baldwin|
Interviews by Ashlynn Leka, Melanie Coretti, and Ashley Baldwin |

On Saturday, February 10th 2018, Morgan Girls Cheer placed first out of six teams in the Shoreline Competition at Westbrook High School. In an earlier competition, Morgan Girls Cheer placed second at Griswold.

Senior Grace DeVries and Junior Jordona Caprio

When asked how the competition went, Sophomore, Amber Corrigan stated, “we tried our best. Even though we had a few mistakes, we still made it to the top.”

Junior Amber DeLuca said, “Being on the sidelines was one of the best experiences of my high school career because I got to experience the moment with my teammates.”

Junior Jordona Caprio stated, “My adrenaline was pumping and I was just so excited for everyone.”

Cheer Coach and Guidance Counselor, Joni Zdunczyk, felt, “I was absolutely elated and very grateful and blessed. The girls have worked so hard.” She added that “The cheer season is very long,” and, “we have overcome many injuries and obstacles this season. We’ve made it through two and a half seasons to get there.”

This weekend, on Saturday, February 24th, Morgan Girls Cheer will be competing at East Haven High School!