Morgan NHS Inducts 26 Hardworking Students

Image result for national honors societyWritten by Sydney Fratamico and Jillian Crowley|
Photos by Sydney Fratamico and Jillian Crowley|

The National Honor Society is an organization that recognizes extraordinary high school students across the United States. It commends students that demonstrate excellence in areas of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. In order to be inducted, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.75, display outstanding leadership skills, volunteer for the community and school and portray a virtuous character.

Mathematics teacher Stephanie White is the National Honor Society advisor. She plans the events and is the teacher representative of the organization.

The Morgan School Induction was on Wednesday, November 7, 2017. The night began with the family dinner in the cafeteria. Once the students and their families finished enjoying their lemon chicken and roasted potatoes, the actual induction process began.

The names of the inductees were announced by Ms. White and students walked to the podium, accompanied by a parent or guardian. Students were congratulated, and their parent or guardian placed a pin with the NHS emblem on them. They shook Principal Kerry Hagness’ hand and were given a certificate. Students then lit a candle on the table. Once all students were inducted, they all recited the oath and celebrated their achievements with some cake and pictures.

Catlin at her MGV game!

On her way to AP biology, Junior Caitlin Turner was handed the Nation Honor Society application by Ms. White.  Cailin anxiously wrote her essay and filled in all of the community services she had done since freshman year. Her community service includes activities from her church youth group and the Interact Club.

Junior Chelsea Piccirillo, another National Honor Society inductee, felt honored and proud that she is now a member. Overall, Chelsea would say that “the ceremony was an emotional experience” as she was accompanied by her grandma and grandpa.

Students and staff wish to congratulate our new Nation Honor Society inductees.

The students inducted this year are Caleb Adams-Hull, Beatrice Atengco, Rebecca Arribas-Cockley, Sydney Church, Amber DeLuca, Andrew Emack, Rachel Flanagan, Ella Franzoni, Simon Hua, Caitlin Jenkins, Katherine Kozak, Alyssa LeMay, Erin Lindsay, Taylor Marnett, Michael Menacho, Brianna Navarra, Matthew Newfield, James Nye, Edward O’Sullivan, Chelsea Piccirillo, Daniel Radka, Isabelle Ranaudo, Angela Recine, Kitty Shortt, Caitlin Turner, Joelle Vuilleumier